• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greg Olsen doing color for the XFL game on FOX right now. He’s really good at this.

Olsen has a long lucrative career ahead of him , please just let him retire now before he gets his brain scrambled

Saw Rhule and Brady at the Hornets game Saturday night. Brady was very talkative to everyone sitting around him. Laughing a lot and having fun etc. Looked like he has plenty of personality. Rhule was a little more serious, but looked like he was also friendly to those around him. Brady is a bigger guy than I realized.

Phillip Rivers is a FA. Looks like we'd definitely need to trade up to draft a QB and Rivers is available for a short term rental if they let Cam go.

Needless to say, giving up on Cam to get Rivers would be a huge let down.

Even at age 38, Rivers is probably going to want a 3-year contract.

Yeah, I don't want Rivers. His arm is shot, and he doesn't seem like the "coach on the field" type.

Remind me again how many weekly network or "major" company TV shows are produced in Charlotte? Remind how many "major" production companies (other than late Roger Korman's low budget) are in Charlotte?
I wouldn't be surprised if players and agents think Charlotte is place where mediocre players will get grossly overpaid. The only way Panthers will ever better than bottom 2/3 of playoffs is so tank and great draft picks. Whether you like it or not, Charlotte is NOT destination for free agents.

Let me give you a list of points BIFF:

1. We don't care one way or another about Charlotte. It's nice town during winter moths but that's it.
2. Charlotte is in BOTTOM third of medium markets.
3. Unless you are from NC or surrounding area, it is NOT prime city that anyone desires visits.
7. The Panthers don't have players to surround MCM with and aren't "marquee" franchise.
8. Hurney is well thought of but he has to prove himself to get confidence of players and agents. Carolina has bad reputation in the leagues in two different ownership groups.
9. Other teams have MORE talent and opportunities than the Panthers.
10. Again, we don't hate Charlotte or have any ill feelings about it.

I'm so confused... I'm assuming this is just an attempt at satire? Hence the missing numbers in the list and the wildly incorrect info?

6d96ac52d502cc75e3c80b1e08a54d29.jpg

He probably sends his kids to some dopey ass Christian charter school.

What else are they going to do? Bridgewater is the only legit FA option in my opinion and he’s still going to cost money because I doubt we will be the only suitors.

Lawrence and Brady would be a fun pair. Just think we'll win enough games where that isn't an option.

What else are they going to do? Bridgewater is the only legit FA option in my opinion and he’s still going to cost money because I doubt we will be the only suitors.

If he's not healthy, mentally and physically, Cam is not going to help the team.

Feed that man some steaks and he might heal up.

Has anyone seen Cam throw yet? I'm divided on whether they really are concerned about his health, or they're trying to negotiate a cheaper contract extension with the injury bug still looming over his head.

Cam throwing isn't the issue. More worried about if he can walk without a limp at this point. All focus is on the foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back