• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
So uh, why a three year deal? Are we trying to win or not?

I’m dumbfounded. This team is *not* nabbing that extra playoff spot, with or without Cam. If we were to trade Cam, we should have tanked. Next year has two high end QBs coming out. Now we will be stuck in the middle of the draft, unable to get a game changer at the most important position.

David Tepper has demolished all good will he had built up in his first two years of ownership in a matter of hours. I have not been this pissed off at a personnel decision for any of my teams, ever. I was fine with letting cam go, as much as it would have hurt. But this decision keeps us in mediocrity for years to come.

Last edited:
Marty Hurney is doing the kind of things that got himself fired the first time. He is the worst GM in the history of the NFL and the second worst decision maker in all of sports next to Ronald Wellman.

it was time...Cam is done, you all know that is the truth. they probably can't get more than a 3rd for him (that is generous). he can't throw and now he can't rum. besides, his head is all fucked up by the NFL letting him be a punching bag for the last 3+ years.

Letting Cam go is fine. Signing Teddy is where the problem is. Not good.

Letting Cam go is fine. Signing Teddy is where the problem is. Not good.

luckily it is only 3 years. that way Teddy will drive the ship during the rebuild so they don't have to 'reach' on the next franchise QB. I suspect we will be bottom 1/3 of the league for the entire time he is the starter.

Agreed. But we won’t be a bottom 3 team for the three years to grab a cornerstone QB.

I’m dumbfounded. This team is nabbing that extra playoff spot, with or without Cam. If we were to trade Cam, we should have tanked. Next year has two high end QBs coming out. Now we will be stuck in the middle of the draft, unable to get a game changer at the most important position.

David Tepper has demolished all good will he had built up in his first two years of ownership in a matter of hours. I have not been this pissed off at a personnel decision for any of my teams, ever. I was fine with letting cam go, as much as it would have hurt. But this decision keeps us in mediocrity for years to come.

Let me put your mind at ease. There is no fucking way this team is making the playoffs. They will be terrible. But now, with Teddy B, we will not have any shot at one of the elite quarterbacks in the draft. I'm just confused about what our goal is here.

Let me put your mind at ease. There is no fucking way this team is making the playoffs. They will be terrible. But now, with Teddy B, we will not have any shot at one of the elite quarterbacks in the draft. I'm just confused about what our goal is here.

Oh, I know. We’re not making the playoffs no matter who is under center. I think trading or letting Cam go is the correct move. But signing teddy outs us squarely in the 8-13 or so range. I’d rather suck for two seasons than be mediocre for three, which will turn in to 5 because of our inability to draft an elite QB.

I see that I left out “not” in the above post about nabbing that extra playoff spot. I see the confusion. Apologies.

Well, pretty clearly the goal isn't to try to lose 15 games and get the top pick. At least not before the season even starts. It is puzzling to me Panthers would sign another QB for basically Camish $ while Cam remains on the squad and, apparently, doesn't really want to leave. Suggests he isn't healthy.

That’s not Camish $, even not healthy Cam.

Marty Hurney is doing the kind of things that got himself fired the first time. He is the worst GM in the history of the NFL and the second worst decision maker in all of sports next to Ronald Wellman.

Matt Millan is angry at you for forgetting him that quickly. I too am puzzled by some of these moves, but there is only 1 Matt Millen. And when he partnered with Marty Morninweg, that was the worst combo of GM and coach in history.

This is your new ultra liberal owner from up North with no local ties? Most of the liberal board members may wish they had conservative leaning Jerry back running the show! Just another example of liberalism looking good on paper but falling to shit in the real world! I love it

This is your new ultra liberal owner from up North with no local ties? Most of the liberal board members may wish they had conservative leaning Jerry back running the show! Just another example of liberalism looking good on paper but falling to shit in the real world! I love it

shut up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back