• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but how ass is he because...

If Eli Apple can hold down one side for a season until Pride or Thomas-Oliver can start or we pick a top CB next year, that's fine. This season is about setting a baseline. Going to be tough watching the Panthers and Wake basketball rebuild but better than floundering.

Atleast both teams are doing the right things to rebuild. I’m going to watch more panthers games this season than last season to see what positives I can pick up. Just like I’ll watch more wake Bball games this season than last season.

Yeah. 2002 and 2011 were fun seasons -- no expectations and seeing what a new coach and new players could get going after bottoming out under a previous regime. Could see 2020 being similar, and probably similar to 2011 with lighting up the scoreboard on O but offering little resistance on D.

Also look forward to a similar situation in 2029, apparently

I didn’t watch a minute of Wake b-ball last year but will definitely tune in this year. No expectations for the Panthers other than I hope we get a good QB next draft. That’s always fun.

Apple is fine. He was younger and more immature than most when drafted #10 overall, which was likely too high in hindsight because of that immaturity. He isn't Revis in his prime, but he is still a 1st or 2nd round talent and better than anyone else they have at the position.

Apple is fine. He was younger and more immature than most when drafted #10 overall, which was likely too high in hindsight because of that immaturity. He isn't Revis in his prime, but he is still a 1st or 2nd round talent and better than anyone else they have at the position.

lol, he's really not. But I'm fine with it since it's a 1 year contract

Awful take. Apple is on is third team in three years after being a first round pick in 2016.

The good thing is he's still only 24, he's a big corner and he's fast. Maybe he can put it all together or at least become a consistent starter.

1 year, $3M to make sure Corn Elder isn't starting at CB seems fine with me.

Awful take. Apple is on is third team in three years after being a first round pick in 2016.

The good thing is he's still only 24, he's a big corner and he's fast. Maybe he can put it all together or at least become a consistent starter.

Which is basically exactly what I said. He was/is immature but has the physical tools to be good.

Which is basically exactly what I said. He was/is immature but has the physical tools to be good.

You said he is fine. He is decidedly not fine. If two teams don't want to pick up the option year on your rookie contract, you are not fine.

Biff is right. It's obvious what he COULD bring the table, but it's equally as obvious what he has brought to the table. Wish we still had Luke and TD in the locker room as role models. Even Rivera may have been able to connect with him on some level.

He was pretty ELIte at tOSU. On the same level as Lattimore/Ward. Maybe he'll "find it" this year.

1 year, $3M to make sure Corn Elder isn't starting at CB seems fine with me.

Oh and apparently we signed him too late for the Saints to get a compensatory pick for him. So screwing them over is a nice bonus.

Biff is right. It's obvious what he COULD bring the table, but it's equally as obvious what he has brought to the table. Wish we still had Luke and TD in the locker room as role models. Even Rivera may have been able to connect with him on some level.

robbie anderson will guide him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back