• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading that they're thinking of doing a reduced college season from July-Sept. I'm assuming this would be without fans in stands. If that's the case, they could have a fairly normal NFL schedule (without fans) and play on Saturdays as well as Sundays to make up revenue from losing ticket sales.

Unfortunately until they have vaccine it’s hard to imagine allowing large sporting events which could trigger outbreak. Increased testing and anti-viral meds could allow some things start to normalize such as opening up restaurants, businesses, etc. once the curve comes down, but large sporting events just scream hot spot.

Yeah with the risk large sporting events + 12-18 months until a vaccine is ready unlikely we see sports for a LONG time.

I can't see the NFL closing up shop though. I could see them doing rigorous testing and no fans.

I watched NFL players play Madden last night. EA Sports NASCAR from iDrivers and NASCAR drivers earlier. NCAA is needs get a new EA game out - do what it takes to get it done - for virtual playing/viewing.

I heard Cam and the Chargers getting serious per a reliable sauce

I heard Cam and the Chargers getting serious per a reliable sauce

Makes sense for the Chargers to be interested from both a football and fannies in seats perspective. However I wouldn't sign him until I could see him throwing the ball with pace.

fanny? what are you, my grandmother?

I don't normally use the term fanny to mean butt or ass, but that has been the expression when speaking of putting people in the stands. I'm pretty sure you'll occasionally hear it on the ESPN talk shows. The other time I'll hear it is when someone is wearing a fanny pack.

I watched NFL players play Madden last night. EA Sports NASCAR from iDrivers and NASCAR drivers earlier. NCAA is needs get a new EA game out - do what it takes to get it done - for virtual playing/viewing.

The NCAA and conferences are desperate for cash. Time for EA to strike and get those licensing deals.

I also hate Cowherd, but he does have a source from LAC. I forget what it was, but I think they have used him to release info before. I think they're staying put and taking Herbert at 6. Or Tua, if Miami were to pass on him, which I doubt. Which makes Jax the only logical destination remaining for Cam, but the word out of there has been that they're preparing to roll with Minshew, just like NE is rolling with Stidham. The other thing is I don't know if Jax has the cap room to take on Cam at a salary he would deserve. They didn't have the cap room for both Ngakoue and Campbell. I can see Cam staying on the market till July when teams are able to get him in their facility.

Cam should take a one year deal on the cheap and play for the Pats. If there was ever a better opportunity to prove the haters wrong...

Cam should take a one year deal on the cheap and play for the Pats. If there was ever a better opportunity to prove the haters wrong...

I think they have the 2nd or 3rd least cap space in the league - like a little less or more than $1mil. They'd have to do considerable scrambling just to pay him half his worth.

Don't think Cam is the type of guy you bring in as a back up

It will be a sad footnote to Cam's career if his only opportunity to start elsewhere is with a team that has one foot overseas, and if on that team he can't beat out someone named Gardner Minshew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back