• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I realize it’s a theoretical possibility, I would have a hard time wrapping my mind around the idea of the Carolina Panthers no longer having Cam Newton. That would be the end of quite an era.

I just don’t see giving up on Cam without a strong option on the horizon. It’s not worth a 3rd round pick.

We won't get Lawrence, we would be bad without cam but we'd win atleast 4 games probably. And that would take us out of the Lawrence range and into picks 3-5.

Trouble is QBs tend to rise in drafts, not fall.

And if they do fall, and aren't named Aaron Rodgers, we probably don't want them.
jimmy-clausen.jpg

We won't get Lawrence, we would be bad without cam but we'd win atleast 4 games probably. And that would take us out of the Lawrence range and into picks 3-5.

With Grier back there and the defense as presently constructed I wouldn’t expect more than 2 wins. Just depends on whether Tepper and Rhule have an understanding about the season and what the goal should be

I just don’t see giving up on Cam without a strong option on the horizon. It’s not worth a 3rd round pick.

But he is worth NOT having to pay $20 million. That is the reason to get rid of him by just cutting him.

What would they do with that $20M instead? If they don’t stick with Cam, the plan is to tank and hope this draft class looks good without winning.

What would they do with that $20M instead? If they don’t stick with Cam, the plan is to tank and hope this draft class looks good without winning.

Quite the conumdrum. Not a great pitch to a possible FA either: Hey, we just cut our only chance at being competitive the next couple of years, but we have $20 million we can pay YOU !

Traded, not cut.

We shall see. Hard to see anybody else wanting damaged goods. The Panthers want to trade but are unwilling to allow the other team to do a physical first. Therein lies that problem. I go with he will be cut to save cap money.

Cam progressing, but length of rehab appears to make trade unlikely.

If no team is willing to pony up a 3rd this offseason, you may as well keep him for 2020. Then if he leaves via FA, you'll get a 3rd round comp. And he has incentive to play well this year. So may as well draft infrastructure (OL and defense) and try to trade back if you can.

If the Panthers are fine picking any of the top 7 or so non-QBs trading down and getting an additional pick makes sense. The big problem with that is we shouldn’t trust Hurney with any pick outside the top of the 1st round. He is definitely not the guy to lead a rebuild draft. I firmly believe that any franchise is a good offseason or two away from the playoffs but I have no confidence in Hurney to do that.

Got an alert that the most common pick for us in NFL.com mock drafts is the DT from Auburn.

Got an alert that the most common pick for us in NFL.com mock drafts is the DT from Auburn.

Brown is a beast. I've watched a fair amount of Auburn football the last couple of years (have a nephew there). He's huge and extremely disruptive. Other than Tua and Burrow, the next 4 guys off the board should be defensive players - Young, Okudah, Simmons and Brown. If he's there at 7, take him and hope 1 of the 1st round OTs falls to the early 2nd.

B/R says the Panthers are planing on moving forward with Cam at QB. Fingers crossed it isn’t posturing.

B/R says the Panthers are planing on moving forward with Cam at QB. Fingers crossed it isn’t posturing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back