• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was disappointing. To lose like that to the Falcons with the Chiefs and Bucs coming up. Playoffs are done and 8-8 is in jeopardy.

Maybe we’re trying to keep Joe Brady. The offense was pathetic after the opening two TDs.

Maybe we’re trying to keep Joe Brady. The offense was pathetic after the opening two TDs.

Message to the Falcons: Stick with Raheem.

Teddy B was 7/8 for 100 yards and a TD at the half. He was 8/15 for 76 yards in the 2nd half.

offense looked great to start the game, then the o-line died and Teddy got whacked in the head and it was all over. not to mention the defense forgetting what a 3rd down stop is.

Convince me that the 3 game winning streak this year was not the same fool's gold as Allen's win streak last year.

Teddy definitely didn't play a perfect first half as the announcers/QB rating showed. He took a sack on 3rd down that knocked us out of FG range (would have been a ~55 yarder, but still) and then made a terrible read on the zone-read 4th and 1 call. Davis would have gotten the first down with ease on one of the few plays the left side of the OL remembered how to block. Those two plays likely took between 6-10 points off the board.

I like Teddy a lot as a game manager for a team with a good run game and above average defense. That's exactly what he had in his time in MN and NO. Don't think we'll ever be a bottom-5 NFL team with him but don't think we have much of a shot at top-5 either. Lawrence and Fields are going to go 1-2, and I'd rather just go BPA on OL or defense, preferably CB.

There was absolutely nothing Teddy could do on that sack. He was hit before he even knew he had the ball.

He probably shouldn't have thrown the ball to Davis on that overturned fumble call too. And that was a fucking duck he threw on the last drive that was the biggest gainer of the nght.

He probably shouldn't have thrown the ball to Davis on that overturned fumble call too. And that was a fucking duck he threw on the last drive that was the biggest gainer of the nght.

His hand got hit and he couldn't follow through, because the O-line let the rusher right through like they did all night. Paradis is TRASH!

Sounds like I made the right call by turning the game off and catching my zzzz's

I was working late and monitoring the score on the internet. Saw we were behind, but knew Atlanta was inventing ways to lose this year. I decided to watch the end of the game, and the first play I saw was the game-ending pick. Well, that's that.

There was absolutely nothing Teddy could do on that sack. He was hit before he even knew he had the ball.

Unless I'm remembering incorrectly (could have been a 2nd half sack), Davis was literally standing directly in front of him. He could have thrown a 2 yard shovel pass at his feet, and we would have attempted the FG. But yeah, it's not like I'm excusing horrible OL play, yet two weeks in a row a really bad sack has cost us points.

Reed at LG is one of the worst NFL lineman I've ever seen. I believe he graded at 9.2/100 last night on PFF. Daley was serviceable last year, why the hell would we not give him a shot there?

Unless I'm remembering incorrectly (could have been a 2nd half sack), Davis was literally standing directly in front of him. He could have thrown a 2 yard shovel pass at his feet, and we would have attempted the FG. But yeah, it's not like I'm excusing horrible OL play, yet two weeks in a row a really bad sack has cost us points.

Reed at LG is one of the worst NFL lineman I've ever seen. I believe he graded at 9.2/100 last night on PFF. Daley was serviceable last year, why the hell would we not give him a shot there?

Davis was supposed to be the player picking up the block, no?

Davis was supposed to be the player picking up the block, no?

Yes, but he was still an eligible receiver. Anyways, the sack is on the OL, but Teddy has to try to avoid it at all costs there, and he seemed to have an easy non-grounding option to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back