• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t rlly think I’m gonna care about the Pittsburgh Panthers whenever they return. It’s been a forced fandom the last 2 years anyway, a lot like the hornets, who I also barely watched this season. Watching games you put a little money on is more entertaining

From an ESPN article:
Teddy Bridgewater's deal doesn't preclude the Panthers from drafting a quarterback high in the 2020 or 2021 NFL drafts. Bridgewater is getting $33 million fully guaranteed over the first two years of his deal, $23 million of which pays out in 2020. If the Panthers draft a quarterback and want to make him the 2021 starter, they'll have paid Bridgewater a midrange starting quarterback's salary for one year and only owe him $10 million in guaranteed money in 2021.

Three round mock draft
https://www.fantasypros.com/2020/03/kyle-yates-2020-nfl-mock-draft-3-0/

7. Carolina Panthers – Isaiah Simmons (LB – Clemson)
The Carolina Panthers have needs everywhere on defense, but the biggest hole is at middle linebacker with the retirement of Luke Keuchly. Simmons won’t be able to step right in and completely fill the shoes of one of the best linebackers to play the game, but he’s a damn good starting point.

38. Carolina Panthers – Justin Madubuike (iDL – Texas A&M)
The Panthers need iDL help after letting Dontari Poe and Gerald McCoy go. Madubuike’s just scratching the surface of his potential and he’s already a damn good prospect.

I’d be fine with that. Our defense is going to be so bad next year.

The only team that would actually bum me out if he goes to would be Denver. Seems unlikely. I’d actually be interested to see how Belichick would use him. But also seems unlikely to me. I’d predict Chargers

I don't see Belichick putting up with Cam's bouts of inaccuracy/lack of touch. If Cam could still run, Belichick could make the most of it though. I think the Pats go pedestrian at QB just so Belichick can show how smart he is.

Last edited:
The only team that would actually bum me out if he goes to would be Denver. Seems unlikely. I’d actually be interested to see how Belichick would use him. But also seems unlikely to me. I’d predict Chargers

Denver is rolling with Lock. The other team along with the Chargers that would make some sense is the Jaguars. They seriously can't be going all in on Minshew with no one else, unless they're tanking for the #1 pick. And we saw how well that worked out this year. I'm guessing that they really like Herbert or Love. But a healthy Cam could make them suddenly competitive. And speaking of Herbert and love, do the Pats luck into 1 of them without having to trade up?

Cam looks way too jacked to play QB. Maybe tight end, but that body mass doesn't scream "reconstructed shoulder". A little worried he went full Tiger Woods during his injury.

FWIW I've been told that that teams were relayed a massage saying a normal season in 2020 is "highly unlikely" at this point. Sounds like behind closed door games or a complete season cancellation are the two options being thrown around.

FWIW I've been told that that teams were relayed a massage saying a normal season in 2020 is "highly unlikely" at this point. Sounds like behind closed door games or a complete season cancellation are the two options being thrown around.
Kirk Herbstreit mentioned this as a strong possibility (for college and pro) and was vilified by many on social media.

His sources are probably pretty good too, so I think there is a good chance we don't see any football this fall.

you had lunch with guitardeac?

Kirk Herbstreit mentioned this as a strong possibility (for college and pro) and was vilified by many on social media.

His sources are probably pretty good too, so I think there is a good chance we don't see any football this fall.

Unfortunately until they have vaccine it’s hard to imagine allowing large sporting events which could trigger outbreak. Increased testing and anti-viral meds could allow some things start to normalize such as opening up restaurants, businesses, etc. once the curve comes down, but large sporting events just scream hot spot.

Unfortunately until they have vaccine it’s hard to imagine allowing large sporting events which could trigger outbreak. Increased testing and anti-viral meds could allow some things start to normalize such as opening up restaurants, businesses, etc. once the curve comes down, but large sporting events just scream hot spot.

Yeah considering a Champions League match in Italy has been cited as a major source of outbreak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back