• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Maybe it's just time to give up

I agree. To make this happen, the liberals should give up all the beautiful coastal land and barrier islands in the Southeast and Texas and move north and west. We can have a wonderful MAGA relocation program for frustrated midwesterners who will enjoy their new lives on the Outer Banks and Myrtle Beach and Galveston. hell they can even build a wall along their Mexican border and the Mason Dixon line. We wouldn't want them coming back into Liberal America if, for some strange reason, they change their minds about the charms of coastal Southern living in say, 30 years or so.

So, I actually think this is more likely if the Democrats are able to win back the White House and/or the Senate. Look at all the idiots in Virginia complaining about "the people" not being heard and seceeding to WV or KY. Republicans are a lot more likely to try and take their ball and go home than Democrats are.

So, I actually think this is more likely if the Democrats are able to win back the White House and/or the Senate. Look at all the idiots in Virginia complaining about "the people" not being heard and seceeding to WV or KY. Republicans are a lot more likely to try and take their ball and go home than Democrats are.

Whatever it takes, man. I just want it to happen.

I agree. To make this happen, the liberals should give up all the beautiful coastal land and barrier islands in the Southeast and Texas and move north and west. We can have a wonderful MAGA relocation program for frustrated midwesterners who will enjoy their new lives on the Outer Banks and Myrtle Beach and Galveston. hell they can even build a wall along their Mexican border and the Mason Dixon line. We wouldn't want them coming back into Liberal America if, for some strange reason, they change their minds about the charms of coastal Southern living in say, 30 years or so.

as a Coastal Elite I just want to make sure we get to keep the good beaches

You’d probably need to have three, if not 4 countries. The north east: parts of Northern Illinois, Ohio, PA (really just a sliver along the Great Lakes) with Eastern MD, DC and NoVA with DE NJ and all the New England states. The West coast: California, Western Oregon and Western Washington, maybe urban pockets of Nevada break off and join the coastal country. Then all the rest.

You’d also see a massive migration of people from cities like Atlanta, Denver, Austin, and parts of Florida northward or westward and probably a corresponding migration of people from rural New York and Maine, etc. Plus most of the professors form the Midwest and southern universities would bail and head north or west. The central and southern United States would be a really dumb and poor country.

I think I'm good with this map:

HnVrq.png

It's more like city vs. rural, but that would be too hard to do.

With your map, I would think Colorado could be disputed.

Shouldn’t last for more than a generation since the red states won’t be able to pay for all the government programs keeping their people alive that are subsidized by the blue states.

The water is very cold at California beaches.

It's more like city vs. rural, but that would be too hard to do.

With your map, I would think Colorado could be disputed.

Colorado is basically a purple steadily turning blue state, similar to Virginia. More and more of the CO population lives in cities and suburbs, and it's increasingly Democratic. My guess is that WV would vote to stay in the red nation, and CO would vote to stay in the blue nation. I doubt Minnesota would be red either, even though Trump came close in 2016 it's voted Democratic in every election since 1976. The real divide in nearly every state is urban vs. rural, so it would be virtually impossible to have a real geographic split, unless you forced huge numbers of people to migrate from one region to another. The more likely scenario is that as rural areas continue to decline or stagnate in population and jobs, as more and more GOP olds die off, and as social and cultural values continue to change, eventually more purple states will turn blue and red states will turn purple. The only problem with that scenario is that it's going to take awhile to develop.

Shouldn’t last for more than a generation since the red states won’t be able to pay for all the government programs keeping their people alive that are subsidized by the blue states.

Right. With Texas on board the economy could be okay for a while in a split similar to the above but realistically what is the base of the economy for the red states there - especially compared to the blue states?

Colorado is basically a purple steadily turning blue state, similar to Virginia. More and more of the CO population lives in cities and suburbs, and it's increasingly Democratic. My guess is that WV would vote to stay in the red nation, and CO would vote to stay in the blue nation. I doubt Minnesota would be red either, even though Trump came close in 2016 it's voted Democratic in every election since 1976. The real divide in nearly every state is urban vs. rural, so it would be virtually impossible to have a real geographic split, unless you forced huge numbers of people to migrate from one region to another. The more likely scenario is that as rural areas continue to decline or stagnate in population and jobs, as more and more GOP olds die off, and as social and cultural values continue to change, eventually more purple states will turn blue and red states will turn purple. The only problem with that scenario is that it's going to take awhile to develop.

People are going to have to relocate, rubes and non-rubes. There will have to be give and take. In the end it will be worth it.

Right. With Texas on board the economy could be okay for a while in a split similar to the above but realistically what is the base of the economy for the red states there - especially compared to the blue states?

Texas, former 'Mericans, are going to get really tired really really quickly of carrying the load for those dead weight states.

People are going to have to relocate, rubes and non-rubes. There will have to be give and take. In the end it will be worth it.

There will be mass migrations of people, especially young people, out of southern and mid-western cities. There will be a smaller but corresponding migration of ritual folk to the south and Midwest. The economy of the south and Midwest will be agricultural and natural resources based and they will definitely miss the funding from the coastal rich, but simultaneously the coastal rich states will have to figure out how to eat. In today’s world of global trade that shouldn’t be too hard.

Buy from Canada.

Where are the nukes? Need to keep some of those states unfortunately.

Back