• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Inside the slow death of Wake Forest basketball: A motorcycle, silence and stubborn h

I think the transfer attrition was overlooked as well. How do you not bring up such a staggering number of transfers?

Wellman thought Danny had rebuilt us in three years, hence the stupid extension.

That article completely glossed over Wellman gaslighting the shit out of our fanbase and the insidious "culture change" narrative spoon fed to us by the AD and the OWG crowd.

Currie's refusal to comment tells me all I need to know about him being a Wellman clone. Maybe he'll surprise us, but I'm not counting on it.

Meanwhile, Manning decorates his office with his own personal trophies and bitches about his ACLs in an interview about how much he sucks as a coach. I still don't understand how people think Redacted is worse...

Currie's refusal to comment tells me all I need to know about him being a Wellman clone. Maybe he'll surprise us, but I'm not counting on it.
Lack of comment not necessarily a problem, his actions (or lack thereof) after the season will be what counts.

I think the transfer attrition was overlooked as well. How do you not bring up such a staggering number of transfers?

Good point, we have to be close to the top in the country over that span.

Meanwhile, Manning decorates his office with his own personal trophies and bitches about his ACLs in an interview about how much he sucks as a coach. I still don't understand how people think Redacted is worse...

Scott Fowler spent 30 mins on this on David Glenn statewide radio show around 1230 with the reporter. Shine the light, end the darkness.

Lack of comment not necessarily a problem, his actions (or lack thereof) after the season will be what counts.

Seen this a lot in this thread, can someone tell me what they wanted Currie to say?

Hinting at firing Manning would be out of the question and inappropriate for him to say regardless of whether he plans to do it. What the hell else did you all want? If he had said something like:

"Our program has had a rough time recently and hasn't met our expectations, but we are looking forward to rebuilding towards our full potential"

You guys still would have shit on him for that, saying how words without actions are meaningless, and he's a "Wellman clone" who hasn't done anything. The only thing that's going to pacify any of us is firing Danny Manning, and that either will happen in March or won't happen in March, so let's chill out until then.

I quoted the wrong thing in my last post, was supposed to be this.

Currie has a week after we lose our last basketball game of the season on a Tuesday. If he doesn’t make a move by then, we know all we need to know about him.

Considering they had to have a media event w/ Wellman & Manning last year to announce he was coming back for another season, I assume Currie will at least have to say something if he doesn't come right out and fire him a day or two after the season is over.

Wellman hid behind the bullshit of waiting a week or so for he and Manning to have their end of the season meeting... I can't imagine Currie will wait at all if he knows what he's going to do.

And at this point, he'd better fucking know what he's going to do.

I quoted the wrong thing in my last post, was supposed to be this.

I don't care what Currie chooses to say or not say at this point. Talk is cheap and we've been fed so much crap the last 10+ years, I'm fine with him being quiet as long as he's formulating a plan to address, what I think is fair to call, a crisis within his athletic department.

I only care what he DOES in March/April 2020. That will tell us all where he stands.

Last edited:
Considering they had to have a media event w/ Wellman & Manning last year to announce he was coming back for another season, I assume Currie will at least have to say something if he doesn't come right out and fire him a day or two after the season is over.

Wellman hid behind the bullshit of waiting a week or so for he and Manning to have their end of the season meeting... I can't imagine Currie will wait at all if he knows what he's going to do.

And at this point, he'd better fucking know what he's going to do.

Agreed. Currie has made the decision to retain or fire Manning already. We just have to wait another 4 to 6 weeks to find out.

The Baylor program was associated with a murder, and they've bounced back faster than we have.

Back