• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Where RJKarl is everyone's professional reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
i love big sur, i ran the big sur marathon ~~running on the ragged edge of the western world~~ with my dad in college and went to the beach and read that book and smoked a cigar with the old man and tried sushi for the first time and we rented a convertible and stayed in a shitty beach motel, one of the best weekends of my life

Favorite book is easily The Great Gatsby. I’ve probably read it 15-20 times.

Anyone ever read any Lewis Norman?

If I wanna seen smart I’m gonna say Blood Meridian is my favorite book.

If I wanna be honest I’m gonna say It is my favorite book.

blood meridian is an awesome book and i’m not that smart.

i fucking hated infinite jest

Update: wife got the offer. Defying all my advice, she timidly asked the HR rep on the phone “if they had any wiggle room” on starting salary. Of course they said no and that was that. If she waited for the written offer tomorrow morning and countered in writing, I bet they would have moved.

Still a lot more money and much better growth opportunity than her current role, so I’m extremely pumped for her.

I’m watching a definitely not terrifying Frontline on Bezos, who is in no way an unhinged sociopathic lunatic. What a crazy world we live in.

Update: wife got the offer. Defying all my advice, she timidly asked the HR rep on the phone “if they had any wiggle room” on starting salary. Of course they said no and that was that. If she waited for the written offer tomorrow morning and countered in writing, I bet they would have moved.

Still a lot more money and much better growth opportunity than her current role, so I’m extremely pumped for her.

Congrats. A load off, even if she didn’t negotiate for more.

now I can talk about my least favorite book -- The Alchemist -- for as long as you want

I finally read this over the holidays after a co-worker I respect recommended it. It kept my interest for most of the book, but I hated it by the end. The best thing I can say about it is that it is a quick and easy read.

Where's the line on officially shitting your pants?

I don't think a reasonable person could dispute that if you get chunky brown on your undies, you've shit your pants. But what about just a skidmark from a fart or something? A light dusting? An uncolored wet spot?

Conversely, is it still shitting your pants if the gates have been breached, but you were able to use superhuman butt cheek strength to contain the wave? Filled the crack, but saved the cloth.

Asking for a friend.

Where's the line on officially shitting your pants?

I don't think a reasonable person could dispute that if you get chunky brown on your undies, you've shit your pants. But what about just a skidmark from a fart or something? A light dusting? An uncolored wet spot?

Conversely, is it still shitting your pants if the gates have been breached, but you were able to use superhuman butt cheek strength to contain the wave? Filled the crack, but saved the cloth.

Asking for a friend.

Shit doesn’t abide by conventual laws of physics. You ever put a drop of water on a paper towel? Shit fans out like that. Once it hits a single thread, you’ve shit your pants if the shit came straight from your butthole. If you didn’t properly get your grundle completely clean and skided your drawers, then that’s getting shit ON your pants. Subtle nuance that matters a great deal. If your cheek clinch jumps in front of a bullet like Secret Service Agent Sinbad in the cinema classic First Kid, then you didn’t shit your pants.

Shit doesn’t abide by conventual laws of physics. You ever put a drop of water on a paper towel? Shit fans out like that. Once it hits a single thread, you’ve shit your pants if the shit came straight from your butthole. If you didn’t properly get your grundle completely clean and skided your drawers, then that’s getting shit ON your pants. Subtle nuance that matters a great deal. If your cheek clinch jumps in front of a bullet like Secret Service Agent Sinbad in the cinema classic First Kid, then you didn’t shit your pants.

this is tremendous ANALysis

Oh man I just came into the men’s room and ran the guy out of the stall next to me in under 45 seconds. Stir fry last night with coffee this morning. It smells like a Peking alleyway in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back