• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Where RJKarl is everyone's professional reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lotta homeless people around downtown LA and I walk to work. Just the other day had some dude yell at me and stalk me a bit. Thinking about a good knife but odds are I’ll just hurt myself with it

in what situations walking around in normal day to day life do you use a pocket knife for?

I get that you've become a giant pussy as you've aged, but some of us don't wake up and hit Starbucks on their 1/4 mile walk to the office in the late morning.

I run a scout meeting every week. I use that thing all the fucking time fixing crafts or opening things.

I use it to open mail sometimes. Rarely though, because ripping is a thing. It only comes to mind because I use it for tax documents that come in the mail bc I save the envelopes.

On the farm, I cut twine, snip hose, pull rusty cotter pins, cinch down wire ties, fuck, that's just this month that I can remember.

Christmas morning is always a stand out morning in my mind as well.

People come into my office at least once a month to borrow it for one reason or another.

Once, after a few drinks, I even shaved Juice's mom's cooter.

Through my ad position I do a shitton of work outside on fields in the spring, summer, and fall and work with a variety of equipment and cut a significant amount of twine and rope not to mention boxes. It’s also easier to carry around than a screwdriver and serves basically the same purpose. So I probably use mine 15-20 times a week on average. If you work in an office, meh, idk. For some guys it may be force of habit. I’ve probably carried a pocket knife since I was seven or eight. I’d feel odd without one.

I dunno, I use it for all kinds of odd jobs 2-3 times a day. Mostly cutting things open/off. Tonight I needed to use the point to hit the sync button on my Switch controller to a friend’s machine. I’ve also used it to fix my kid’s toys.

I was a real hero at a friends kids bday party last weekend opening all the toy packaging.

But mostly I use it to generate liberal tears.

Went to a large coin expo today. Seems like a shady as hell business. Like 100 people just sitting around waiting for you to overpay for something or rip you off. And most coins can go from like $20 to $200 based on someone's opinion of whether a discoloring is valuable or not, and ya need to pay $20 to get someone to tell you if its valuable or not, which just wastes the full value of the coin if it ain't valuable, so you're stuck just selling it for $20 even if it were worth $200.

Kinda wanted dat Robert E Lee coin for $65 doe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back