• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Where RJKarl is everyone's professional reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
some pretty good responses here

"I'm hanging out with my good friend RJKarl having a reasonable conversation."

That should cover pretty much everyone on OGBoards.

"as much as I love the Manning years, it's the [Redacted] years that I'll remember most fondly"

flights booked

looks like some good biking along the river nearby -- any outdoors advice for bikes, hikes, water?

Yeah, I'm as much as 10-15 minutes faster on 9 holes if I have a cart and am playing by myself. And that's on an old DR course where you're not driving a quarter-mile between holes becasue of all the houses and streets running between the fairways.

Is it possible that you’re just an old man now?

I'm 32, but that's partly it. Way more comfortable to push cart than carry, and still burns a lot of calories without potential back/shoulder wear (that can affect your game). I don't know a single golfer that consistently carries a bag. I know about 50 that consistently pushcart. Pretty much the only reason my friends and I used to carry in HS/college/amateur golf was because we thought it looked cooler.

then you're terrible, or slow

Wait what? Carts have been faster than walking for 100% of my golf rounds, regardless of carts on path status. If you're playing on a course like Biff, it helps even the score somewhat, but still the cart will win every time.

Yeah, I'm as much as 10-15 minutes faster on 9 holes if I have a cart and am playing by myself. And that's on an old DR course where you're not driving a quarter-mile between holes becasue of all the houses and streets running between the fairways.

i mean, if the mark is "how fast can you go playing by yourself" then sure, having a cart on a dry day is obviously going to beat walking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back