• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Where RJKarl is everyone's professional reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a culture thing from club to club. At the two clubs I used to play at in Atlanta nobody walked.

i mean, if the mark is "how fast can you go playing by yourself" then sure, having a cart on a dry day is obviously going to beat walking.

I don't even know what you're trying to say now, but carts are defintely faster.

I mean I guess carts are slower if you're dealing with 200-yard wide fairways and it's cart path only and you keep hitting it into the woods on the side of the fairway opposite the cart path.

I'm 32, but that's partly it. Way more comfortable to push cart than carry, and still burns a lot of calories without potential back/shoulder wear (that can affect your game). I don't know a single golfer that consistently carries a bag. I know about 50 that consistently pushcart. Pretty much the only reason my friends and I used to carry in HS/college/amateur golf was because we thought it looked cooler.

We obviously need to induct Tiger into our hulked out, 315 lb bench press meathead e-bro club, ATS.

i mean, if the mark is "how fast can you go playing by yourself" then sure, having a cart on a dry day is obviously going to beat walking.

I'm neither terrible nor slow. Situation doesn't matter. Golfers in a cart will always be faster than similarly-skilled golfers who are walking. Always.

Trump National up in Mooresville on Lake Norman used to be The Point until Trump bought it about 7 years ago. I don't know about Atlanta.

I mean I guess carts are slower if you're dealing with 200-yard wide fairways and it's cart path only and you keep hitting it into the woods on the side of the fairway opposite the cart path.

Yup I’m 3 for 3 on this list. Therefore walking can sometimes be faster for me.

Hmm... Not sure yet.

tigerswood - whaddya bench? 3 handle or GTFO

Zero chance. Not sure I could even hit 200. I'm in the middle aged white male who hasn't been in an actual gym in 5 years club.

Fun fact: after my shoulder flared up bad recently, I started doing pushups in PT thinking I was going to crank out like 50. I think I could do 7. Back up to like 30 now though! Does that qualify me?

Holy fuck dude. And here I was discounting my chances in the Pit Kumite. Just rolled out of my chair at the office and did 46.

they say scent is the sense most tied to memory but nothing creates the instant feeling of insecurity like hearing pop music from my middle school years

Holy fuck dude. And here I was discounting my chances in the Pit Kumite. Just rolled out of my chair at the office and did 46.

I’d call bullshit, but I’m working on my tendency to be such a negative hater.

46 push-ups, with proper form, is impressive.

I have a hard time once I get to the mid-30s.

But my go-to excuse is I’ve had surgery on both shoulders.

Yeah. If Biff is busting out 46 pushups I’ve gotta question what those pushups look like. Elbows in, chest to ground, bro. Not just nodding your head.

At least you don’t use a pushcart though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back