• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Your first Amazon order?

Purchased on 2/22/07

How Soccer Explains the World: An Unlikely Theory of Globalization [Paperback...
Franklin Foer (Author)
Return window closed on Mar 28, 2007
$5.75

I still find myself telling people why Cameroonian strikers typically fail to adapt to the Bundesliga style of play.

Purchased on 2/22/07

How Soccer Explains the World: An Unlikely Theory of Globalization [Paperback...
Franklin Foer (Author)
Return window closed on Mar 28, 2007
$5.75

I still find myself telling people why Cameroonian strikers typically fail to adapt to the Bundesliga style of play.

That’s a good book

I found it particularly helpful when Jurgen Klinsmann relied so heavily on finding German born US players to fit his system, and failed to utilize much of the home grown, especially hispanic players in the US.

Since they're using more of their own delivery vehicles (and presumably drivers) I think the deliver service is lower quality.

Twice in the last 2-3 weeks their drivers have driven over my WET lawn as they carelessly careened into my double wide circle driveway. No excuse.

If this keeps up, I'll be ordering a lot less frequently from them.

Since they're using more of their own delivery vehicles (and presumably drivers) I think the deliver service is lower quality.

Twice in the last 2-3 weeks their drivers have driven over my WET lawn as they carelessly careened into my double wide circle driveway. No excuse.

i had this happen this week too, although my driveway is long and straight.

Wow, you managed a #humblebrag and #getoffmylawn two-for-one special. Bravo. Someone's gotta be getting close to OGBoards bingo today.

lol

Nah, just trying to point out that there's plenty of room in my driveway and no excuse for the terrible driving.

Some talk in the last week of the two guys named chris show that the Amazon drivers were pretty bad...my experience so far supports this. I'm sorry to say.

December 23rd, 2014

Great Demo!: How To Create And Execute Stunning Software Demonstrations

February 2004: I clearly enjoy high brow comedy.

Slap Shot (25th Anniversary Special Edition)
George Roy Hill (Director), et al
Sold by: Amazon.com Services LLC
Return window closed on Mar 15, 2004
$11.24
Buy it again

Strange Brew
Dave Thomas (Actor), et al
Sold by: Amazon.com Services LLC
Return window closed on Mar 15, 2004
$16.99

At one point, I owned three copies of Strange Brew. The VHS since high school ($29.95 at Suncoast in the New Mall by JCP), bought the DVD when it came out, and then about 5 years later, my in-laws gave a DVD to all three branches of their family tree.

Now I just have the Blu-ray I got off Amazon for ten bucks. Still watch it every year or so.

Strange Brew is awesome. It took a long ass time for it to come out on dvd.

I recently dumped probably 80% of my DVD collection by going disc to digital on vudu. Most of what I had just didn’t require the best audio and video possible. Digital improves more and more all the time. The surround sound surprises me sometimes. But for some movies and some that I couldn’t convert, I kept a hard copy. Saving Private Ryan would be one example. Star Wars trilogy in its original form on DVD is another. Can’t get that on blu ray or 4K.

It's hilarious that a decent number of these purchases are DVDs. Does anyone still actually buy movies to own anymore? I think the last one I bought was The Dark Knight.

During the internet boom it seemed like every new shopping site, in order to up their customer count to appeal to bigger investors, had either crazy deals or things like $25 off a $25 order, and the selection of products wasn't so extensive, so DVDs were a very common item you could cash in on.

Someone recently gave us a CD of baby lullabies and it's like where the fuck do they think I'm going to play it? I think our cars have CD players but have never used them.

the rare 10 year delay re-gift?

it was an old (friend of the in-laws) so not sure if a regift or something they genuinely bought for us. but even then, in this day and age seems like the only place you could get that would be Amazon, or, I guess a Goodwill. but this person would probably never step foot in one.

My history is only going back until 2014, but 100% positive I ordered before then. Am I missing something?

Back