• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Primary

We have candidates on the debate stage talking about open borders and decriminalizing illegal immigration. They’re talking about doing away with nuclear energy and fracking. You’ve got Bernie Sanders talking about letting criminals and terrorists vote from jail cells. It doesn’t matter what you think about any of that, or if there are good arguments — talking about that is not how you win a national election. It’s not how you become a majoritarian party.

For fuck’s sake, we’ve got Trump at Davos talking about cutting Medicare and no one in the party has the sense to plaster a picture of him up there sucking up to the global elites, talking about cutting taxes for them while he’s talking about cutting Medicare back home. Jesus, this is so obvious and so easy and I don’t see any of the candidates taking advantage of it.

Man I love Carville. He gave one of the best speeches I’ve ever heard while I was at Wake. I’ll see if I can dig it up.

The real argument here is that some people think there’s a real yearning for a left-wing revolution in this country, and if we just appeal to the people who feel that, we’ll grow and excite them and we’ll win. But there’s a word a lot of people hate that I love: politics. It means building coalitions to win elections. It means sometimes having to sit back and listen to what people think and framing your message accordingly.

That’s all I care about. Right now the most important thing is getting this career criminal who’s stealing everything that isn’t nailed down out of the White House. We can’t do anything for anyone if we don’t start there and then acquire more power.

I don’t think Carville understands that the party is moving left because they’re coalition building and listening to people and framing the message accordingly.

Last edited:
Carville is like David Brooks. There’s no material constituency that gives a fuck what he says.

Bernie could have knocked the Hillary question out of the park. "Four years ago, I didn't give a damn about Hillary's emails. Today, I don't give a damn about what Hillary says about me."

"Carville is like David Brooks. There’s no material constituency that gives a fuck what he says."

You are a moron.

Bloomberg's unprecedented achievement, first bitched at by Bernie and then second says taking money from rich people (Bloomberg takes 0) is the problem.

Moron.

Klobuchar won the debate hands down. Steyer probably came in last. The rest was basically how you liked the person coming in.

Bloomberg's unprecedented achievement, first bitched at by Bernie and then second says taking money from rich people (Bloomberg takes 0) is the problem.

Moron.

David Brooks fan is upset.

You make 50 billion on your own, create 20000 jobs and then go on to be Mayor of New York for 12 years. Bernie bitched about his money and then talked about captive candidates.

How can a self funded man be captive to outside interests?

You make 50 billion on your own, create 20000 jobs and then go on to be Mayor of New York for 12 years. Bernie bitched about his money and then talked about captive candidates.

How can a self funded man be captive to outside interests?

this sounds familiar.................

Back