• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Primary

The deck is stacked against the 37 year old white male mayor of the 308th largest city in the United States without any meaningful national or federal-level political experience who just won the Iowa primary during his first attempt at running for president. That's news to me. It seems like Pete's deck has worked out for him nicely compared to past small town mayors' experiences running for president.

Also, how claiming that the "deck is stacked against" different from claiming that the process is "rigged against?" I'm asking for a Bro I know.

Are you serious? There’s a big between saying entrenched candidates have a huge advantage and claiming the DNC cheated someone a specific candidate would win.

Are you serious? There’s a big between saying entrenched candidates have a huge advantage and claiming the DNC cheated someone a specific candidate would win.

I don't know, man. How can a deck be stacked against a newcomer who beat a field of incumbents?

I don't know, man. How can a deck be stacked against a newcomer who beat a field of incumbents?

Because Dems crave something new and he’s really good at this. You’re closing your eyes to the obvious. That’s a more reasonable explanation than this weird idea that the mayor of South Bend took over the DNC.

I am still incredibly depressed (but not surprised) that being a gay white man is less of a negative in terms of political viability in the eyes of Americans than being a woman or POC.

That’s a more reasonable explanation than this weird idea that the mayor of South Bend took over the DNC.

Who is saying that? Honestly, who is saying that? He's really good at appealing to big money donors. That's the claim. I still don't understand how the deck can be stacked against the guy getting most of the establishment money and who just won the Iowa caucus.

I am still incredibly depressed (but not surprised) that being a gay white man is less of a negative in terms of political viability in the eyes of Americans than being a woman or POC.

Pete supporters are just waiting for the "right" "electable" woman or POC candidate to throw their support behind.

Who is saying that? Honestly, who is saying that? He's really good at appealing to big money donors. That's the claim. I still don't understand how the deck can be stacked against the guy getting most of the establishment money and who just won the Iowa caucus.

The “big money donors” donate the max like everyone else.

We’d probably have a more diverse pool of candidates if people weren’t shamed out of taking donations from people with money instead of spending dollars to get a dollar.

I don’t think you can say for this election that gay > woman > not white. They’re all trying to reach the standard Obama set and it’s not like 1990s Barney Frank wouldn’t be leading the pack. And the other campaigns are desperately hoping the stereotypes of homophobic Black and southern voters comes true on SC and on Super Tuesday. Kind of shitty but that’s politics I guess.

Last edited:
The “big money donors” donate the max like everyone else.

We’d probably have a more diverse pool of candidates of people weren’t shamed out of taking donations from people with money instead of spending dollars to get a dollar.

I guess we don’t need campaign finance reform then! (Big money prefers Biden and Buttigieg, by the way. Big money wasn’t interested in fundraising for Booker, Castro, Gillibrand, Harris, and Klobuchar.)

I guess. But it’s much more important that he ran before, had leftover funds from his senate campaign, and didn’t have to start from scratch.

The deck is stacked against Pete which will make it harder for other grassroots campaigns going forward.

lol ok man

Some pretty fascist shit:

The deck is frankly stacked

Some pretty fascist shit:

Our public high school has a service requirement. My daughter has worked at the local high school library and coached kids volleyball... Some real fascist shit.

Last edited:
The deck is frankly stacked

Your hysterics would almost be laughable if you really didn't believe them..

lol ok man

So do Bernie supporters just not know that he had money leftover from his uncompetitive 2018 race or not? Do you all not understand he already had a donor list? You all would be howling pissed if the evil McKinsey conniving gay villain “centrist” was the old guy with almost 30 years in Washington and the progressive hero was the small city mayor.

You don’t have to put in an email to get to the issues on Pete’s site. You just go to the menu like pretty much any other website nowadays. Dumb tweet.

We’ve got an old guy centrist villain, he finished 4th in Iowa

this thread sucks; trump's going to win again as dems debate campaign donations

this thread sucks; trump's going to win again as dems debate campaign donations

Yep. They’re going to spend a billion dollars to keep this criminal enterprise going and Democrats are going to refuse to use all the tools at our disposal.

we've already established that everyone here is voting for the Dem, so quit with the hand-wringing about how the discourse here is why Trump is going to win

the name-calling, hair splitting, purity tests, and rj posts don't make for compelling message board material, but it's not evidence of shit other than we like to argue

Back