• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Primary

84806927_10218586812356330_4830754553391480832_n.jpg

this thread sucks; trump's going to win again as dems debate campaign donations

This might be one of the most painful threads I’ve read on these boards in years.

The equivalent of rooting against Wake Forest because you’re pissed at Trent Strickland for missing a 360 breakaway dunk.

:bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl:

Rush Limbaugh would be proud.

I'm starting to think we're screwed. Either Bernie wins the nomination and loses the general election to Trump or somebody else wins the nomination and Bernie people freak out and we lose the election to Trump.

Yep. They’re going to spend a billion dollars to keep this criminal enterprise going and Democrats are going to refuse to use all the tools at our disposal.

...like choosing the right candidate to actually beat Trump.

Bloombergs betting odds on the rise....

rj is gonna be pleased

I'm starting to think we're screwed. Either Bernie wins the nomination and loses the general election to Trump or somebody else wins the nomination and Bernie people freak out and we lose the election to Trump.

Yeah, I posted something similar last week and feel the same way. At this point, the best thing that could happen is for Biden and Klobuchar to make quick exits, and it gets down to Sanders, Warren, Buttigieg and Bloomberg. The other thing that I think is increasingly likely is that Sanders wins the most delegates but is short of the required 1990. Then we have a yuge mess on our hands.

Does the former count as "Biden people freaking out?"

Beating Trump was never going to be as easy as some thought, and I don't think this is a strong Democratic field, but the recent crap with the infighting and Iowa debacle has left things looking even gloomier. It's beginning to look as if the nomination fight may go on for a long while, sucking up large amounts of cash and enthusiasm that will be needed for the fall, and ensuring that no matter who wins there will be plenty of disaffected Democrats. And that's without mentioning the economy breaking Trump's way, the massive GOP war chest, and Trump's blindly loyal base that will vote no matter what. It's a long way to November and Trump will no doubt piss off enough people to make it close, but right now it doesn't look promising. The Democrats definitely look like a hot mess right now, that's for sure.

Back