• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Primary

I'm on board for mandatory food service industry work. 6 months. A year. More? If you have to make a living serving other people you are going to be less of an a hole afterwards.

I've long thought our country would be better off with mandatory service after high school. Get rural kids out of their home towns and send people where they could serve unfamiliar communities. Lots of different ways to serve. And don't let rich people buy their way out.

Double the participation!!!

But even with that, he got fewer delegates than Pete.

Wait so you’re admitting your stance that “if young people showed up, things would be different” is as full of shit as we have been saying for nearly 3.5 years?

I've long thought our country would be better off with mandatory service after high school. Get rural kids out of their home towns and send people where they could serve unfamiliar communities. Lots of different ways to serve. And don't let rich people buy their way out.

Yeah, I share this thought and think it could make for a better citizenry.

I’m fine with some mandatory service, everyone can choose military vs civil.

Include some basic civics education as an introduction and some post-service debriefing.

The fretting about caucus numbers not increasing beyond 2016 numbers is silly. Iowa is a dark red state now. There may be straight up fewer Dems. And people are excited to vote against Trump not necessarily excited to vote for or against the Dem candidates. I think Dems just want it to get sorted out.

Wait so you’re admitting your stance that “if young people showed up, things would be different” is as full of shit as we have been saying for nearly 3.5 years?

I can't help it if you don't understand the difference between a primary and a general election.

I can't help if if you can't understand that if the percentage of participation in a general election was increased by the same patterns of voting the results would have been different.

I can't help it if you don't understand the difference between a primary and a general election.

I can't help if if you can't understand that if the percentage of participation in a general election was increased by the same patterns of voting the results would have been different.

What can you help?

Beating Trump was never going to be as easy as some thought, and I don't think this is a strong Democratic field, but the recent crap with the infighting and Iowa debacle has left things looking even gloomier. It's beginning to look as if the nomination fight may go on for a long while, sucking up large amounts of cash and enthusiasm that will be needed for the fall, and ensuring that no matter who wins there will be plenty of disaffected Democrats. And that's without mentioning the economy breaking Trump's way, the massive GOP war chest, and Trump's blindly loyal base that will vote no matter what. It's a long way to November and Trump will no doubt piss off enough people to make it close, but right now it doesn't look promising. The Democrats definitely look like a hot mess right now, that's for sure.

Pretty much.

I think our best chance is one of the more moderate candidates.

Of course, I’ll vote for whoever is the candidate.

There’s no silver lining in a Trump victory. But assuming we survive such a horrid outcome, he’ll likely suffer a more clear failure if he has to navigate (naturally with flailing corruption and stupidity) the likely coming economic downturn.

Beating Trump was never going to be as easy as some thought

How is it possible the party of the best, brightest and most successful with the greatest and most popular policies can't devise a strategy to defeat Donald fucking Trump in a national election?

Remind me again who the rubes are in this scenario.

You mean the charlatan that has completely taken over the Republican Party after they paved the way for years by adopting a strategy of feverishly accelerating and dishonest fear mongering?

Mods can we do something about the “Pete buttfucker” tag? Wtf

Some solid homophobic tags on there, it’s ok if you like men and enjoy pleasuring a man you no longer need to hide your feelings and project, it’s 2020, you can share your love freely/ demonstrate your prison power. Probably should out the tagger so we can give them the proper community support.

Yeah, I share this thought and think it could make for a better citizenry.

I’m fine with some mandatory service, everyone can choose military vs civil.

Include some basic civics education as an introduction and some post-service debriefing.

Fuck you, you fucking fascists.

How is it possible the party of the best, brightest and most successful with the greatest and most popular policies can't devise a strategy to defeat Donald fucking Trump in a national election?

Remind me again who the rubes are in this scenario.

LOL. Maybe the people who think this idiot is the greatest POTUS of all time and chose him over a bunch of other GOP candidates in the 2016 primaries, and will gladly vote for him again. You know, the same people who honestly believe that he really gives a shit about them and has their best interests at heart, and tell that to reporters all the damn time. Those are the rubes, Angus. Not the people who knew better and opposed him, however much you may wish it to be so.

Last edited:
Fuck you, you fucking fascists.

I’m pretty against mandatory military conscription, but dig the idea of civil service. I don’t trust the government to pull it off considering what’s higher up on the agenda, but it’s a nice idea.

I’m pretty against mandatory military conscription, but dig the idea of civil service. I don’t trust the government to pull it off considering what’s higher up on the agenda, but it’s a nice idea.

The posted service plan said nothing about military service, it said national service. For all we know Pete is talking about fulfilling JFKs dream for Americorps. People who want to hate Pete (not saying you did this) look at that, assume he means military service, and call him a fascist. We should all be assuming the best intentions for all of these Dem candidates instead of assuming the worst.

LOL. Maybe the people who think this idiot is the greatest POTUS of all time and chose him over a bunch of other GOP candidates in the 2016 primaries, and will gladly vote for him again. You know, the same people who honestly believe that he really gives a shit about them and has their best interests at heart, and tell that to reporters all the damn time. Those are the rubes, Angus. Not the people who knew better and opposed him, however much you may wish it to be so.

So the people who knew better yet still haven't figured out how to out-maneuver the rubes after 4 years despite all of the resources at their disposal are smarter and superior to the rubes?

Interesting theory

Back