• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Primary

strick is responsible for the blatantly racist tags?

No, I’m technically responsible for getting them removed because I complained about a couple of the more awful ones and asked for the taggers to be publicly named.

The Mods figured it would be easier to remove them than to keep policing racist shitheads on here.

ETA: my hunch (and LK could confirm) is that some of the tags that I reported were written by prominent posters and that’s part of the reason why the baby was tossed out with the bathwater

Last edited:
pretty much. and now we don’t get to enjoy the 99.9% of tags that aren’t shitty.

thanks jr

Like the tweet above showing Bernie won among moderates and conservatives?

Bernie is going to win the first ballots. The question will be if he wins on second ballots.

cool window on the caucus process here

huh, i guess the rank-and-file didn't believe union management after all

Or maybe they understand that losing a shitty health care plan and getting M4A would be a huge win.

You’re saying exactly what I just said.

The union leaders are right and should be believed. Bernie would take away their union health care. The rank and file shouldn’t not believe that. They probably M4A would be better than what they have.

The union leaders are right and should be believed. Bernie would take away their union health care. The rank and file shouldn’t not believe that. They probably M4A would be better than what they have.

Management was using fearmongering tactics to convince the rank-and-file to not support sanders because m4a compromises their pharmacy network. Being able to not have to worry about negotiating health care benefits allows union leadership to focus on other issues like family leave, housing precarity, and union expansion into other shops and sectors.

At this point is everyone in at least through Super Tuesday? Or any chance Klobuchar drops out after SC?

I think it’s highly likely Klob drops out if she doesn’t do well today. And if Biden finishes 5th there will be pressure on him to drop out. There are a lot of Dems who don’t want Bernie or Bloomberg and they’re split between four candidates.

The more I think about post-Super Tuesday the more I think Bernie and his supporters need to change their message. They claim to be running against everyone else. They can’t show up with 35% of the delegates and claim be representing everyone else.

The others need to go after Bernie in the next debate the way they went after Bloomberg last week. Trump, et al, are going to destroy Bernie if he's the nominee. As I said earlier, if I can find that much serious op research on him, imagine what an army of people and the Russians will do to him.

Steyer and Klobuchar need to pick between Pete and Joe to be united.

Back