• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Primary

I've tried everything with them. I've tried dozens of times to say we share many of the same goals and should try to get there together. I've stated that I/we will work to get out the vote to protect the futures of the young, a future I and people of my generation won't see, only to be insulted.

Every time I've reached out to make peace, to find common ground, I've been met with spitting in my face.

Those times, I was non-confrontational and supportive. Just trying something that will work.

The board is a microcosm of the real world. Losing is tough, but it's part of life. You have to get back in the game to be a common foe not fight each other. I understand I am and always will be an easy target. Maybe someday, some of them will understand we aren't each other's enemy. That we have more in common than separates us. That. we have a common evil to end.

Democrats are screwed if Biden isn't the nominee. People don't want a candidate who they specifically didn't vote for. They also don't want a candidate who didn't have the guts to put themselves out there and run.

I don’t know. Democrats didn’t vote for Biden. They voted for the person they thought was most likely to beat Trump. If they feel that person is now Cuomo, then I don’t think it will negatively effect the race.

in awe of the logic that rj uses to get from ABC poll about strong support of biden flagging to his board crucifixion. incredible stuff.

I don’t know. Democrats didn’t vote for Biden. They voted for the person they thought was most likely to beat Trump. If they feel that person is now Cuomo, then I don’t think it will negatively effect the race.
Are you serious? If you think Bernie Bros are losing their shit now wait until somebody is appointed the nominee over their savior.

Are you serious? If you think Bernie Bros are losing their shit now wait until somebody is appointed the nominee over their savior.

My bad. You’re right. I was thinking logically and didn’t account for the irrationality of the Bernie Bro.

If the Dems win the WH and Senate, DC statehood should be put on the floor within the first 100 days.

Didn’t she originally come out with different allegations before Biden declared his candidacy?

What was your take on the article?

She should get media coverage and she deserves to have her story heard. But there are three issues that damage her credibility.

1. Biden has over 40 years in the federal government and she's the only person to accuse him of sexual assault. Talk about "Creepy Joe" all you want but there's a fine line between unwanted touching and putting his fingers in her vagina. If more women come forward, that will help her case.

2. She came out twice before with allegations of unwanted touching. The first was 3 weeks before Biden entered the Democrat primary. The second was less than two weeks before Iowa. Now she came out again shortly after Biden essentially wrapped up the nomination, but this time with much stronger allegations.

3. She's a strong Bernie supporter. Clearly Bernie is staying in the race for a reason after losing badly. This may be it. After a year of Bernie supporters spreading lies about other candidates, the optics are horrible.

Don't forget her multiple blogs of effusive praise of Putin, including one in russian

What was your take on the article?

She should get media coverage and she deserves to have her story heard. But there are three issues that damage her credibility.

1. Biden has over 40 years in the federal government and she's the only person to accuse him of sexual assault. Talk about "Creepy Joe" all you want but there's a fine line between unwanted touching and putting his fingers in her vagina. If more women come forward, that will help her case.

2. She came out twice before with allegations of unwanted touching. The first was 3 weeks before Biden entered the Democrat primary. The second was less than two weeks before Iowa. Now she came out again shortly after Biden essentially wrapped up the nomination, but this time with much stronger allegations.

3. She's a strong Bernie supporter. Clearly Bernie is staying in the race for a reason after losing badly. This may be it. After a year of Bernie supporters spreading lies about other candidates, the optics are horrible.

god, you are awful.

EUYW41YX0AEMq_R

One final thought.

Hillary was at 36% strong enthusiasm at this time in 2016. Joe Biden is at 24%.

I fully recognize for many here Sanders is the problem. But why does the party keep tapping the default candidate nobody really likes?

why do progressives keep tapping the guy only a small fraction of the general population likes?

Biden will be the nominee to take on trump. I don't like that either. It it does not help to keep patting yourself on the back and pointing out everything large and small that makes a case against him being the nominee. It. Just. Does. Not. Help. But keep self high fiving. None of us will sleep well until he is out of office. Spend your energy finding or hoping for a great VP pick to step in and run things as needed.

One final thought.

Hillary was at 36% strong enthusiasm at this time in 2016. Joe Biden is at 24%.

I fully recognize for many here Sanders is the problem. But why does the party keep tapping the default candidate nobody really likes?

1) you are better than the bold- there is no conspiracy here.
2) Nobody really likes either of the remaining candidates in the Democratic Primary, because they both suck donkey nuts.

Back