• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Primary

I see it as how bad the current state is compared to the ridiculous past state.

Yeah. People talk about how change is so difficult but change happens quickly and reminders like those tweets are important to remind us it hasn’t always been this way.

Or you can vote Trump 2020! Keep tearing down Biden helping Trump.

At this point those are the only options.

I'm still not convinced that it is a done deal that Biden will be the nominee. When you look at him it's hard to believe that he is only 77. He looks like a guy in his 80s.

I'm still not convinced that it is a done deal that Biden will be the nominee. When you look at him it's hard to believe that he is only 77. He looks like a guy in his 80s.

As opposed to the other guy? I think it would be madness if Biden or Bernie isn't the nominee obviously unless it's for health reasons.

As opposed to the other guy? I think it would be madness if Biden or Bernie isn't the nominee obviously unless it's for health reasons.

No, I didn't mean as opposed to Bernie. Bernie would be a disaster for Democrats. Normally, I would agree with you that bringing a 3rd person in this late would not work, but these are not normal times. Cuomo has been impressive lately and there are a few other possibilities as well. And using health as one reason to make such an unusual move would not be unreasonable, because I think that Biden has shown definite cognitive decline. Like others have said, I just don't think Biden has the energy to beat Trump. Their campaign styles are like night and day, though that might be mitigated somewhat by the current virus situation. Trump is only four years younger than Biden, but he seems like he is many years younger as he conducts Springsteen-length rallies before massive crowds while Biden's rallies have been like garden club meetings. I just think the Democrats need to look for a 3rd option.

A third option after narrowing down a 25+ person field to two would be a disaster. The choice would be someone who ran and didn’t get votes or someone who just chose not to run.

A third option would have to declare or re-enter the race now with Biden’s blessing.

A third option after narrowing down a 25+ person field to two would be a disaster. The choice would be someone who ran and didn’t get votes or someone who just chose not to run.

A third option would have to declare or re-enter the race now with Biden’s blessing.

Or with Obama's blessing. It may be time for Obama to have a heart-to-heart private talk with Biden. I've had the feeling all along that Obama hasn't been comfortable with the idea of Biden as the candidate. He has passed on multiple opportunities to endorse him. He may not like the idea of having to doing it, but Obama is the only guy in the Democratic Party who could possibly pull off a 3rd option move. I'd love to know what he is thinking about all of this.

The only way it's not Biden is if it's someone not running.

There is no third option at this point. Biden is the nominee unless he steps down for health reasons. Nobody is going to prevent him from reaching a delegate majority and he isn’t going to decline the nomination.

It speaks volumes that the Trump supporters who endlessly question Joe Biden’s mental capacity seem to have no problem with Trump blaming Barack Obama for not ordering enough tests to diagnose a virus that didn’t exist when he was president.

Any Trumpite who attacks Biden because they think he lacks the mental capacity to do the job needs to have their own head examined. We've essentially been governed by a brain-dead ignoramus for the past four years.

Any Trumpite who attacks Biden because they think he lacks the mental capacity to do the job needs to have their own head examined. We've essentially been governed by a brain-dead ignoramus for the past four years.

Who's dumber? The dummy leading the charge or the dummies following him?

Back