• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Primary

Civitas has called me 3 times in the last 24 hours for a poll that asks in I'm going to vote in the November 3rd Democratic Primary.

Except for the fact that he thinks he’s running for Senate and that it’s actually 2017.

I’m referring to what ADT articulated above. Fucking sexist Democratic electorate should be ashamed of itself but instead will continue donating to electable Joe, Mike, and Pete and hope for a contested convention.
And yet it was the bro’s who trashed the campaigns of Harris and Warren. Imagine that.

I mean four years ago the sexist DNC eschewed Bernie to prop up Hillary !

It's sadly predictable that Bernie Bros are whining like the little babies they are regarding a brokered convention. This is especially telling in that Bernie was the driving force in the changing of the rules for the primaries and convention. Now, they are crying about the rules BERNIE wrote.

How typical!

BTW, Bernie's assertion that his half-move on tuition for state schools makes college available to everyone is as FOS as the many of their positions are. How about the cost of room&board and other fees? Paying for it is dubious at best. They don't speak about the rippling, unintended and inevitable consequences implementing this will create.

I can admit that Bernie doesn't have firm ground to stand on in the plurality debate

that said -- if he gets the plurality that far exceeds second place then it's gonna require some real mental gymnastics to avoid declaring him the nominee and there will defs be lasting consequences

If he ends with 35% of the delegates, it means 65% are against him. What mental gymnastics are required when nearly 2/3 of the delegates support other candidates?

ha yeah

looking back, it's kind of fucking crazy that nick at night was a thing

It's still a thing, technically, but apparently current programming is...
1) An absolutely terrible show from the '00s (George Lopez)
2) The most over exposed show of all time (Friends)
3) Two shows that are still pumping out new episodes (Mom, Full House)

Hard to imagine that I'm 30 and can remember when Nick-at-Nite seemed to have predominantly black and white programming.

Except for the fact that he thinks he’s running for Senate and that it’s actually 2017.

I’m referring to what ADT articulated above. Fucking sexist Democratic electorate should be ashamed of itself but instead will continue donating to electable Joe, Mike, and Pete and hope for a contested convention.

I certainly think Joe is advancing in age, but he appears to know what year it is and what office he's running for.

I don't know how sexist the Dem electorate is. I certainly believe it to be gun shy from Hillary losing in 2016, and I absolutely agree that has hurt the female candidates this time around, although I don't believe the Dem electorate is anywhere near as sexist as the Pub electorate is. And maybe that has hurt Warren in particular, more so than maybe Klobuchar or Harris, because like Hillary she is a pretty strong personality (and I don't mean that negatively at all - but Murca seems to have issues with strong women). And I find her retreat in the polls over the last 3 months to be interesting - just like I did Biden's January swoon. Can it totally be blamed on her trying to provide specifics on her evolving health care plans? That's what 1 of my friends believes, but I think it's more than that. And she mostly appears to have lost her supporters to the Sanders campaign - his numbers appeared to rise at the same time hers fell. And Sanders certainly has not come under the same amount of scrutiny as Warren did when it comes to the financing his plan. But I don't know that I can agree with my friend that her poll swoon is mostly to solely due to her health care plans. That said, I don't know how to quantify how much of her drop was due to sexism or folks feeling she was less electable due to her being female, and I'd appreciate hearing others opining on the subject. (As I said, I was also interested in Biden's January drop, not because I wanted him to be the nominee, but because it occurred at the same time as Trump and conservative news sites were bashing him and Hunter over the Ukraine issue - like anything Joe and Hunter did was in the same area code of what Trump did by withholding the dedicated funds.)

Lastly, I don't get your point about the Dem electorate donating to Biden, Bloomberg and Buttigieg. Bloomberg is largely self funding, and both Buttigieg and Biden have struggled with funding. Sanders is the 1 who hasn't appeared to struggle with donations nearly as much.

I certainly think Joe is advancing in age, but he appears to know what year it is and what office he's running for.

I don't know how sexist the Dem electorate is. I certainly believe it to be gun shy from Hillary losing in 2016, and I absolutely agree that has hurt the female candidates this time around, although I don't believe the Dem electorate is anywhere near as sexist as the Pub electorate is. And maybe that has hurt Warren in particular, more so than maybe Klobuchar or Harris, because like Hillary she is a pretty strong personality (and I don't mean that negatively at all - but Murca seems to have issues with strong women). And I find her retreat in the polls over the last 3 months to be interesting - just like I did Biden's January swoon. Can it totally be blamed on her trying to provide specifics on her evolving health care plans? That's what 1 of my friends believes, but I think it's more than that. And she mostly appears to have lost her supporters to the Sanders campaign - his numbers appeared to rise at the same time hers fell. And Sanders certainly has not come under the same amount of scrutiny as Warren did when it comes to the financing his plan. But I don't know that I can agree with my friend that her poll swoon is mostly to solely due to her health care plans. That said, I don't know how to quantify how much of her drop was due to sexism or folks feeling she was less electable due to her being female, and I'd appreciate hearing others opining on the subject. (As I said, I was also interested in Biden's January drop, not because I wanted him to be the nominee, but because it occurred at the same time as Trump and conservative news sites were bashing him and Hunter over the Ukraine issue - like anything Joe and Hunter did was in the same area code of what Trump did by withholding the dedicated funds.)

Lastly, I don't get your point about the Dem electorate donating to Biden, Bloomberg and Buttigieg. Bloomberg is largely self funding, and both Buttigieg and Biden have struggled with funding. Sanders is the 1 who hasn't appeared to struggle with donations nearly as much.

I was referring to a video clip where Biden announces he’s running for Senate. He’s clearly losing his edge.

As for the rest, maybe you’re right. Sanders’s base doesn’t look anything like Warren’s, though. Warren’s base is middle aged educated people. Those folks overwhelmingly have moved on to non-Sanders candidates like Buttigieg and Biden, as the media continues to beat its “Warren isn’t electable” drum nonstop.

If he ends with 35% of the delegates, it means 65% are against him. What mental gymnastics are required when nearly 2/3 of the delegates support other candidates?

The fact that he’ll have more votes to be the nominee than any other person in the world and that second place may be at, like, 18%

It's still a thing, technically, but apparently current programming is...
1) An absolutely terrible show from the '00s (George Lopez)
2) The most over exposed show of all time (Friends)
3) Two shows that are still pumping out new episodes (Mom, Full House)

Hard to imagine that I'm 30 and can remember when Nick-at-Nite seemed to have predominantly black and white programming.

I guess it Makes sense, the shows I watched with my mom when I was 5-8 would have been her Friends/Seinfeld

Last edited:
But neither will have a true calling.

An interesting possibility could happen if Warren stays in with Steyer, Pete and Klobuchar go out.

The fact that he’ll have more votes to be the nominee than any other person in the world and that second place may be at, like, 18%
The latest fivethirtyeight forecast has Sanders at 1600 pledged delegates and Biden at 1200. Sanders momentum seems to be waning and moderates are coalescing around Biden.

A big Biden win in South Carolina would narrow that projection considerably I guess and it seems that's the way it is trending

Last edited:
The latest fivethirtyeight forecast has Sanders at 1600 pledged delegates and Biden at 1200. Sanders momentum seems to be waning and moderates are coalescing around Biden.

A big Biden win in South Carolina would narrow that projection considerably I guess and it seems that's the way it is trending

If there is a good chance that no one will have enough delegates to win, Warren should hold on until the convention. I think her emerging as the great unifier is far more likely and unifying than Brown.

Bloomberg is all in for NC. He is expecting a big win here.

I only got 3 mailers yesterday from Bloomberg, down from 4 each day the rest of the week.

Back