• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NASCAR 2021 - Goodyear 400 - Darlington 3pm

Clarences' is a staple for breakfast when we head to Martinsville. Their fried pork tenderloin special is phenomenal. It's always good to lay down a solid base prior to the beer and hot dogs that will follow later in the day.

Clarences' is a staple for breakfast when we head to Martinsville. Their fried pork tenderloin special is phenomenal. It's always good to lay down a solid base prior to the beer and hot dogs that will follow later in the day.

Second this. Been there during breaks at the outdoor fields complex nearby. Never been to the race track but hope to at some point.

Sup guise?

Heading up to Martinsville in a few for a socially distanced race. We went to the Daytona Road Course back in February and were blown away by the experience. So much that we reserved tickets for the 2022 Daytona 500. Hopefully we'll get the race in tonight, there's a nasty line of storms projected to roll through around race time.

Have fun at the paperclip. NASCAR has capped media outlets to one credential per outlet, so no race for the local tv folk. Charlotte management goes around official NASCAR so we can possibly go to the 600. The Roval race last year was one of only 2 live sporting events I went to after March 2020.

Oh, and my semi- inside sources are telling me June for Bowman Gray races this year. Official word is they are waiting for government clearance, but the real reason is the construction isn't finished yet. Hard to have a crowd when there are no working bathrooms and concession stands. In addition, the new football field sod needs time to grow.

Club sandwich at Clarence's for lunch. Just walked into the track, and its still drizzling. Not giving up hope yet.

Big double header day. Nascar has been killed by rain delays the last few years. Many are their own doing, late afternoon starts in Florida are a recipe for rain, but there has also been just awful weather luck.

Watching the cars race in a light rain was a totally new experience. Once the caution hit and they came to pit road, we left the track. The radar told us all we needed to know, and we preferred to not walk back in a downpour. Ended up being a great move. I was shocked at how few people they let in, but it was nice not having to deal with a massive crowd. Heading back up at noon. My only complaint, our Cup tickets won't get us in for the Xfinity race. Looks like they'll clear the stands and then let folks back in.

Happened into Tre Redd's cousin in the stands. He sat a row behind us and asked me if I played at Wake after seeing my WF hat.

KyBu wrecked twice in front of me, and Suarez legitimately grenaded not to far away. So far, and epic race. Glad to be back.

Learned yesterday that in a similar vein to the Driven F1 show, Netflix is producing a show on 23XI's initial year in Cup. Obviously Bubba is going to be the main draw and focus, but I'm interested to see some of the behind the scenes successes and struggles of a new team, albeit one with significant funding.

Cultural experience, Bowman Gray racing be. Look forward to a return trip this summer.

We should have a boards tailgate one race.

Scary crash today in the ARCA race. Derrick Lancaster, who lives in the W-S area got burned up pretty badly and was taken to an AL burn unit and is on a vent.
427c40aed18ecf42c9e9eb0cc338419c.jpg

I'm generally not a fan of races at Kansas, but I have to give credit to Busch beer for allowing a Twitter vote to decide the race's title.

Back