• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NASCAR 2021 - Goodyear 400 - Darlington 3pm

I'm glad we've reached the point where any rope with a loop in it, used for whatever functional purpose, is now considered racist. There is only one logical conclusion to this:

All ropes with loops are racist
Lassos are racist
Cowboys use lassos
Cowboys are racist
the Dallas Cowboys are racist
all Dallas Cowboy fans are racist
Disband the Dallas Cowboys and stigma their fans as racist

By the way, anyone who ties their shoes is supporting racism.

NASCAR is the easy target for this, but have you been to an SEC game? Don’t make like NASCAR is the only sport with confederate flags flying, on cars, and on T-shirts.

One huge difference is SEC football celebrates and is based on the success of black athletes and welcomes black fans with open arms. The SEC took years to reach the place they are after finally integrating.

Whereas Bubba Wallace is a top level driver and a people of color work in the pits, NASCAR has never been thought of as a welcoming place for fans of color. You can gloss over this all you like, but talk to black people and ask them how they feel about going to NASCAR events.

One huge difference is SEC football celebrates and is based on the success of black athletes and welcomes black fans with open arms. The SEC took years to reach the place they are after finally integrating.

Whereas Bubba Wallace is a top level driver and a people of color work in the pits, NASCAR has never been thought of as a welcoming place for fans of color. You can gloss over this all you like, but talk to black people and ask them how they feel about going to NASCAR events.

You seem to already have experience with this and know the answer. Please disclose this knowledge with us, RJ?

Maybe you don't have any black friends. Otherwise, you'd understand this.

I hear your point although I do have friends and family of color that like NASCAR. I will also add that NASCAR has one major car owner (I’d say the 5th or 6th biggest) of color while it’s not like the SEC is breaking down barriers with head coaches of color. I also disagree with your characterization of black athletes being celebrated. That is a whole different convo about the current situation of college athletics (and the NFL/NBA/MLB).

How many NASCAR races have you attended RJ? Where? When? Who are the black people that you have spoken with about attending NASCAR events? When did you talk with them? What did you ask them? What did they say to you? In sum, on what do you base your statement?

I've been to a decent number of NASCAR races and have seen quite a few black people in attendance at each one. They seemed to me to be OK with attending NASCAR events, since they were there. While I can only report regarding my own personal experiences and observations, I can truthfully say that in the more than 20 races that I have attended since 2012, at various tracks located in Virginia, Tennessee, North Carolina and South Carolina, I have never seen any black people treated with any kind of disrespect at a NASCAR event (I do recall one guy who was wearing some Joey Logano gear -- he had to endure some jeers for that reason, but not for the color of his skin).

If I didn't know better, I would say that you might be the one glossing over things.

I'm glad we've reached the point where any rope with a loop in it, used for whatever functional purpose, is now considered racist. There is only one logical conclusion to this:

All ropes with loops are racist
Lassos are racist
Cowboys use lassos
Cowboys are racist
the Dallas Cowboys are racist
all Dallas Cowboy fans are racist
Disband the Dallas Cowboys and stigma their fans as racist

By the way, anyone who ties their shoes is supporting racism.

Said "rope with a loop in it".

Last edited:
Said "rope with a loop in it".

It's a helllllll of a coincidence that ended up in Bubba's garage. I am sure the FBI did a bang up job with this one.

what's the proof it was there for months? some guy said so?

Apparently NASCAR is saying that the pull rope was there since October, but it wasn't fashioned as a noose in October.

FBI was all over this one. Good god.

Seems pretty straightforward here to address perceived intent: do any other ropes besides the one pictured in Bubba’s garage look like this

How many NASCAR races have you attended RJ? Where? When? Who are the black people that you have spoken with about attending NASCAR events? When did you talk with them? What did you ask them? What did they say to you? In sum, on what do you base your statement?

I've been to a decent number of NASCAR races and have seen quite a few black people in attendance at each one. They seemed to me to be OK with attending NASCAR events, since they were there. While I can only report regarding my own personal experiences and observations, I can truthfully say that in the more than 20 races that I have attended since 2012, at various tracks located in Virginia, Tennessee, North Carolina and South Carolina, I have never seen any black people treated with any kind of disrespect at a NASCAR event (I do recall one guy who was wearing some Joey Logano gear -- he had to endure some jeers for that reason, but not for the color of his skin).

If I didn't know better, I would say that you might be the one glossing over things.

This is classic #SmallSampleSizeDEAC, but my roommate is black and I suggested we go down to Daytona this year for the race, he gave me the "are you fucking kidding me" look and the conversation went in a different direction.

How does a FBI investigation take like a day and a half? It's like when they investigated Brett Kavanaugh.

what's the proof it was there for months? some guy said so?

Here's a screenshot of the same garage stall from October of 2019, when assigned to another driver. There is also a video I've seen floating around from 2017 and the knot is present as well, but I can't find that one at the moment.

This is classic #SmallSampleSizeDEAC, but my roommate is black and I suggested we go down to Daytona this year for the race, he gave me the "are you fucking kidding me" look and the conversation went in a different direction.

OK. Has your roommate ever actually attended a NASCAR race and been mistreated there, or did he just make an assessment and decision that he (vehemently) did not want to go? (which, of course, is entirely his prerogative)

There are a host of places or events that I might be asked whether I wanted to go/attend, to which my response might be "Hell, No!" My distaste or choice not to attend/go may be just as much a reflection on me as it is on that place/event.

Back