• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NASCAR 2021 - Goodyear 400 - Darlington 3pm

The previous inaction by NASCAR leadership and sponsors are coming home to roost. They have celebrated their "heritage" and have resisted doing the right thing for decades. I won't shed a tear for NASCAR finally having to deal with their allowing the celebration of treason and racism harms them now.

I feel badly for Wallace, but not for NASCAR or the other teams.

why was there a Blue Lives Matter car when NASCAR was founded by people who wanted to outrun the cops?

Watched the 10 laps or so and the interviews after with Blaney and Wallace

Good stuff. First time I've turned on a NASCAR race in a couple of years.

Watched the 10 laps or so and the interviews after with Blaney and Wallace

Good stuff. First time I've turned on a NASCAR race in a couple of years.

Same. That guy coming in 3rd going backwards was crazy!

Why should any person of color go to a NASCAR race? It's not one guy with a noose. There was a plane with the star and bars flying over Talladega. There were numerous trucks and cars with traitor's flags in the parking area yesterday.

No one should support any advertisers or sponsors of NASCAR until it is completely cleaned up.

A few millionaire drivers supporting one of their own is a small step.

RJ, I was going to come at you after your first anti-NASCAR post, but I decided to let that one go. But now I'm not. You obviously have not payed attention to NASCAR in the last 40 years of your life, I wouldn't either if I lived on Huntington Beach, but you have no freaking clue about how African-Americans or people of any race are treated at a NASCAR track. They have had programs for diversity for the last 20 years. Countless African American athletes work on pit crews, including several former WFU football players. Drivers from several different ethnic backgrounds are given ample opportunity to compete and some make it to the highest levels. Granted, money access is the true opportunity in NASCAR, but things are changing.

NASCAR has been trying to several years to rid itself of the confederate flag. Its more difficult in the stands, but you can't find any on official NASCAR trailers. Even at Bowman Gray stadium, any Confederate decal is promptly removed from any race car, or else it doesn't hit the track. Bubba's stance is only going to hasten that symbols demise at the race track. NASCAR, its teams and its media are dead serious about this. If anyone doesn't like it,then so be it, they can leave the sport.

Quit raging about things you have little clue about. It doesn't serve you or others well.

Have a great day.

RJ, I was going to come at you after your first anti-NASCAR post, but I decided to let that one go. But now I'm not. You obviously have not payed attention to NASCAR in the last 40 years of your life, I wouldn't either if I lived on Huntington Beach, but you have no freaking clue about how African-Americans or people of any race are treated at a NASCAR track. They have had programs for diversity for the last 20 years. Countless African American athletes work on pit crews, including several former WFU football players. Drivers from several different ethnic backgrounds are given ample opportunity to compete and some make it to the highest levels. Granted, money access is the true opportunity in NASCAR, but things are changing.

NASCAR has been trying to several years to rid itself of the confederate flag. Its more difficult in the stands, but you can't find any on official NASCAR trailers. Even at Bowman Gray stadium, any Confederate decal is promptly removed from any race car, or else it doesn't hit the track. Bubba's stance is only going to hasten that symbols demise at the race track. NASCAR, its teams and its media are dead serious about this. If anyone doesn't like it,then so be it, they can leave the sport.

Quit raging about things you have little clue about. It doesn't serve you or others well.

Have a great day.

My sister-in-law works for NASCAR and she said NASCAR has been editing footage to remove the Confederate flag and making an effort to not show it during live coverage for nearly 10 years now. They have just now publicly made a stance. Seems like they are making and effort and moving in the right direction. Change doesn't happen overnight.

I know about the pit crews.

I was talking about being a fan at a place where there are tons of stars and bars in the parking lot, (until recently) the infield and even people wearing T-shirts and other Confederate flag clothing/accessories. I hope they ban all such remnants of the past.

A question becomes if NASCAR bans all iterations of the stars and bars and other Confederate symbols will they drive more fans away than they gain. They have the ability to not let any of the offensive materials at their venues. It would be great if they did that.

FWIW, Talladega did admit a small number of spectators for yesterday's race, and there was a small, but vocal group of African-Americans that cheered Bubba Wallace at the end of the race. Stereotypes that run in every direction are wrong, and that includes the stereotype that all NASCAR fans redneck racists. There certainly is that segment, but NASCAR does attract all types.

Last edited:
Just get rid of it. Don't let vehicles adorned with Confederate materials onto the property. If a person is wearing anything like that, don't let them in. After a few races and a lot of bitching, people who love the sport will get the idea.

Oh good. Here's the part of the thread where we reason with RJ.

Oh wait, just saw a little news nugget. This thread has potential.

I heard that people are boycotting RJ's book because it has a bunch of nooses on the cover.

Track Worker 1: Hey, there's a noose hanging in that stall. Do you want me to take it down ?

Track Worker 2: Nah. Leave it there. Maybe we'll coincidentally assign that stall to the only black driver on the circuit eight months from now.

FBI: Sounds legit !

Just get rid of it. Don't let vehicles adorned with Confederate materials onto the property. If a person is wearing anything like that, don't let them in. After a few races and a lot of bitching, people who love the sport will get the idea.

NASCAR is the easy target for this, but have you been to an SEC game? Don’t make like NASCAR is the only sport with confederate flags flying, on cars, and on T-shirts.

I heard that people are boycotting RJ's book because it has a bunch of nooses on the cover.

that's because at the super bowl in NOLA he and his friend were unfairly targeted by the police

Back