• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NASCAR 2021 - Goodyear 400 - Darlington 3pm

deacdixieboy

Reaction score
We’re back!
Pointless Daytona 500 qualifying is over. Time for racing! Let’s go 4!

All the thoughts and prayers with Ryan Newman and his family right now. Absolutely horrific.

When they brought out the black screen and told the media to leave, that wasn't a good sign. That wreck was horrendous. Praying for the best though.

Latest news says he is in serious condition, but injuries are non-life threatening. Great news to hear.

Now 'stable', assume a bit of an upgrade. Thankfully. Cars must have better protection now - it was a bad one. . I still don't understand how Dale Earnhart's ended, as this looked much worse.

Scary way to end Daytona. I'm glad to hear the news reports tonight that he's not in life-threatening condition.

Now 'stable', assume a bit of an upgrade. Thankfully. Cars must have better protection now - it was a bad one. . I still don't understand how Dale Earnhart's ended, as this looked much worse.

Sr was never a fan of new tech or safety devices.

-He wouldn't wear a Hans device.

-He wore an open-faced helmet.

-He had his belts altered, against spec.

The last two things are what really cost him his life.

Last night I really thought I'd seen someone die on live tv again. A full speed impact on the driver's side roof area is one of the most devastating situations imaginable. Glad he's going to be ok, and hopefully he's not forced into an early retirement.

What was left of Ryan's car after cutting him out.
eb80c8b5d083afc3aad10ee9a537a73e.jpg

Last night brought back feelings that I haven't had a long time. The broadcast reminded me way too much of Dale's accident in 2001 The looks on everyones face, then the lack of official word for 2 hours had me thinking the worst. So thankful and glad he does not have "life threatening injuries."

Last night I really thought I'd seen someone die on live tv again. A full speed impact on the driver's side roof area is one of the most devastating situations imaginable. Glad he's going to be ok, and hopefully he's not forced into an early retirement.

Ehh I wouldn't go that far just yet. No telling the severity of his injuries yet.

What was left of Ryan's car after cutting him out.
eb80c8b5d083afc3aad10ee9a537a73e.jpg

The car ending up like that may have played a significant part in him being alive. Bending and breaking metal absorbs a lot of force and energy that otherwise would have been available to damage his body. It is those very sudden stops that are most damaging.

Thoughts and prayers with him and his family as he recovers.

Back