• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report -- UNC - Tuesday Night 8 pm - ACCN

By my calculations, first time since 2002-03 that both men's basketball and football have defeated the Holes in the same school year.

I believe we made 8 of 27 shots in the half. 8 baskets and we win by 17.

Yep. I think Danny's done enough to save his job. Looking forward to see what he does over the next decade.

Random thoughts:

Glad for the players that we won.

Anthony is an ugly dude.

Carolina must have had a hard time getting up for a game against a school with no basketball tradition.

KP hasn’t updated yet, but there is a good chance that win:

Pushes UNC out of the top 100
Puts Wake back in the top 100

NOT DFL!!!!!!!! But seriously, it was really good to see the kids so happy. Not just the kids on the court either, but it looked like the kids in the student section enjoyed the night as well. It’s good to have some sort of energy going into next season with a new coach (hopefully). We will have talent returning if they decide to stick with Wake. It will be an exciting offseason (again, hopefully) for Wake Forest Basketball.

Being completely honest, do you think Danny has saved his job?

Hard to think this season could save his job but I just don’t see us with a new coach next season.

Hope I’m wrong. REALLY hope I’m wrong.

Too little too late for DFL Manning.

Expect a battle at Miami to try to stay out of DFL.

By my calculations, first time since 2002-03 that both men's basketball and football have defeated the Holes in the same school year.

Don't forget Soccer - just need 2 of 3 in baseball for the clean sweep!

Wake to #91
UNC to #95

BC, Miami, UNC, Clemson, and VT all lower than the Deacs.

Might be a good thing that we’ve choked at least a couple of games away... Otherwise, at 13-11 (6-8) and more easy games to come, we might be sweating out a firing.

Though I guess we still are.

Being completely honest, do you think Danny has saved his job?

Hard to think this season could save his job but I just don’t see us with a new coach next season.

Hope I’m wrong. REALLY hope I’m wrong.

Beat the traditional power of Clemson basketball - check
Beat UNC - check
Beat dook - ?
Win ACCT game - ?
Tons of injuries - check

For those cheering on the Deacs tonight and the rest of the season i hope you all are happy when Manning is back next year.

Great win - very happy for the players and coaches. It's been a rough road and they deserved this one. Also glad that Brandon finally got a win against UNC.

I've been watching ACC bball for close to 40 years and I don't think I can remember a UNC team as bad as this one. Ugly.

Wins over Duke and Miami's greatest team ever didn't save [Redacted]. Let's hope this one doesn't save Manning.

I’m sure this has been mentioned already but Cole Anthony isn’t great.

I don’t know what I was expecting, but it was better than that.

Back