• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report -- UNC - Tuesday Night 8 pm - ACCN

For those cheering on the Deacs tonight and the rest of the season i hope you all are happy when Manning is back next year.

The decision is going to be financially based. No result of bottom feeder games is going to make any impact at all. It may give Currie a bullshit reason to issue to the press, but reality is they can either afford to send him packing or they can’t. There is a 6 year sample of yuck to justify his firing.

NCAAT bid - ?

Optional.

The standings are scary as well. Let's just say we win @ Miami (2 road wins for DM) and vs. GT.

Bottom of the standings are:

10. Va Tech 5-8 (next Pitt and Miami) Lost 5 in a row
11. Clemson 5-8 (@ Pitt and L'ville) Lost 3 in a row
12. GT 5-8 (L'ville and @ Wake) Lost 1
13. Wake 4-10
14. Miami 3-10 (Wake and @VT) Lost 3 in a row
15. UNC 3-10 (UVA and @ND) Lost 4 in a row

We'd likely be in 11th. Anyone looking for a reason to keep DM would start to say 'see the improvement')

I cant wait to see the meltdown when Manning is back next year.

Inquiring minds need to know: who convinced Brandon to quit shooting and start passing?

Wake is a different team when is in pass first mode. Did the light come on this late in his senior year?

Inquiring minds need to know: who convinced Brandon to quit shooting and start passing?

Wake is a different team when is in pass first mode. Did the light come on this late in his senior year?

He still took the most shots on the team with 14. That’s still a lot.

Time to stop the b.s. with Chaundee not starting. Played 22, 28 and 25 mins in last 3 games

Chaundee did take 3 straight bad jump shots as we were trying to let the Heels off the mat but I trust he just wanted to beat them so bad.

Time to stop the b.s. with Chaundee not starting. Played 22, 28 and 25 mins in last 3 games

Totally agree. He may not be 100% - but he is playing, so he should be starting. However, I could definitely see this being one of those Danny "I have no common sense" Manning things where he keeps starting Johnson - just because. And it will probably cost us a game. Heck, it may have cost us the Cuse game, thanks to the slow start.

The first half was perhaps the best Wake has played in years; but there were also a lot of good breaks and bounces. However, it was predictable that we would collapse in the 2nd half. When UNC began their comeback our guys looked confused on where to be and where to pass the ball. The fact that we held on was more a matter of Carolina missing than us finishing.

What happened to Sarr? I missed the beginning of the 2nd half; but I don't recall him playing in the 2nd half.

I cant wait to see the meltdown when Manning is back next year.

Already lived it, 13 months ago. Also lived it after Bz year 3. It will suck again if that is what happens. I don’t quite understand why Wellman was “forced” to retire if his replacement just gets to sit around and continue to watch it all burn down. I was under the impression the retirement was supposed to be announced at a later date, which would have portrayed that this offseason is the first chance Currie has had to can coach.
From a business perspective, I don’t see how they don’t pull the trigger.

The first half was perhaps the best Wake has played in years; but there were also a lot of good breaks and bounces. However, it was predictable that we would collapse in the 2nd half. When UNC began their comeback our guys looked confused on where to be and where to pass the ball. The fact that we held on was more a matter of Carolina missing than us finishing.

What happened to Sarr? I missed the beginning of the 2nd half; but I don't recall him playing in the 2nd half.

DM said in post game radio that Saar got dinged up. Could be a knee flareup. I thought he just might not be feeling well because Collins wasn't working on him either half when he spent the extended time on the bench. Glad he has an extra day until UM.

In the last 8 games, Wake has had the lead at halftime in 7 of them. The question remains, do the decision makers view that as progress or continuous failure to blow the majority of them in the final 20 minutes?

Scooby dog from halftime might make SC Top 10! After Ish Smith makes it for a blocked shot. Holy shite

Optional.

The standings are scary as well. Let's just say we win @ Miami (2 road wins for DM) and vs. GT.

Bottom of the standings are:

10. Va Tech 5-8 (next Pitt and Miami) Lost 5 in a row
11. Clemson 5-8 (@ Pitt and L'ville) Lost 3 in a row
12. GT 5-8 (L'ville and @ Wake) Lost 1
13. Wake 4-10
14. Miami 3-10 (Wake and @VT) Lost 3 in a row
15. UNC 3-10 (UVA and @ND) Lost 4 in a row

We'd likely be in 11th. Anyone looking for a reason to keep DM would start to say 'see the improvement')

KP has the following projections:

T9 BC, GT, VPI, Clemson (8-12)
T13. Wake, Miami (6-14)
15. UNC (5-15)

I forgot the game was on. Knew it was coming up. Even checked the local TV listings, which listed NCSU/Syracuse also on ACC network here, but not Wake/UNC. Guess we can take some comfort in knowing that if they do not care about Wake Forest, they also do not care about UNC.
A few years ago with season tickets I would have had the date marked on the calendar months ago and taken off work Wednesday and Thursday to be at the game. Now I do not even pay enough attention to remember this game. How sad.
Guess I can watch it on replay. Happy for the seniors

went to KISS concert instead of watching game. Do not regret decision.

This guy would be the best player on UNC this year.

33ab4e41f677c7aef6189c6abde38a5e.jpg

Back