• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report -- UNC - Tuesday Night 8 pm - ACCN

Didn't get to watch because I got drunk during the State game and stumbled to bed, but CONGRATS! I know you're pulling for losses at this point, but any time the Cheats go down, it's a good thing.

Didn't get to watch because I got drunk during the State game and stumbled to bed, but CONGRATS! I know you're pulling for losses at this point, but any time the Cheats go down, it's a good thing.

Dennis smith says hi

WFU is getting credit for beating the UNC brand. They are a terrible team. WFU still needs to make a change at the end of the season. the win last night sets our program back another 5 years.

Last edited:
Anybody else think Coach K would have beaten Wake by 10 last night with Roy's players ?

I cant wait to see the meltdown when Manning is back next year.

We passed the biggest hurdle with a "good win. With a couple more wins against bad teams, he is absolutely back. No one should be shocked.

We passed the biggest hurdle with a "good win. With a couple more wins against bad teams, he is absolutely back. No one should be shocked.

Beating a bottom dweller counts as a good win?

Anybody else think Coach K would have beaten Wake by 10 last night with Roy's players ?

Platek, Pierce and Walker couldn’t start for Pfeiffer. No, K couldn’t win with this shit UNC team. And Anthony is vastly overrated. If his name was David Green, he wouldn’t be a first round prospect. Huge usage rate, below average outside shooter, turns it over a ton.

Platek, Pierce and Walker couldn’t start for Pfeiffer. No, K couldn’t win with this shit UNC team. And Anthony is vastly overrated. If his name was David Green, he wouldn’t be a first round prospect. Huge usage rate, below average outside shooter, turns it over a ton.

When K's roster is garbage, his back flairs up, and then, he petitions to have the season expunged from his record. K wouldn't still be coaching in February if he had UNC's roster.

Man Coke Anthony was hugely underwhelming. Assumed this would be the type of game where he puts up great individual numbers in a losing effort but he looked terrible. Probably costing himself a ton of money.

When K's roster is garbage, his back flairs up, and then, he petitions to have the season expunged from his record. K wouldn't still be coaching in February if he had UNC's roster.

Best coach in basketball history regardless! The man can flat coach'em up, his kids love him and he makes his teams hustle and play defense!

Man Coke Anthony was hugely underwhelming. Assumed this would be the type of game where he puts up great individual numbers in a losing effort but he looked terrible. Probably costing himself a ton of money.

Maybe a slight exaggeration to say that "he looked terrible". But he is not Coby White, not by a great distance. He is not even Brandon Childress. However, he does have talent. He was over-hyped and so the expectations are too high for him. Plus it was obvious that the Duke loss had taken a heavy toll on both the players and the staff. Not an excuse for playing so poorly, but a fact nonetheless.

Whatever, I am happy for our players. This team plays with greater energy and effort than any team since Skip died, IMO. I am glad to see them have success.

A little worried he may come back next year. Anthony, not Manning. Manning is gone.

Maybe a slight exaggeration to say that "he looked terrible". But he is not Coby White, not by a great distance. He is not even Brandon Childress. However, he does have talent. He was over-hyped and so the expectations are too high for him. Plus it was obvious that the Duke loss had taken a heavy toll on both the players and the staff. Not an excuse for playing so poorly, but a fact nonetheless.

Whatever, I am happy for our players. This team plays with greater energy and effort than any team since Skip died, IMO. I am glad to see them have success.

Maybe a little extreme but (based on the hype) I was expecting to see a top 5 NBA draft pick type talent and he was 5-19 from the field (0-6 from 3) with 7 TOs and 4 assists. Pretty bad.

UNC's is weak, and Roys Boys were deflated after the collapse against Duke. With that said, when WF is healthy, the team can play with anyone in the ACC, even at L'ville. As stated above, WF has led at halftime in 7 of its last 8 ACC games; that does not happen with inferior talent. This team has weapons; they just have no clue on how to close out games. WF has pissed away several games recently which would've made this season a lot different:

- @ Clemson led 47-39 with 15:23 to go - 67% WF win probability
- UVA led 40-28 with 17:36 to - 85% win probability (also led with less than a minute to go)
- @ L'ville led 49-35 with 19:25 to go 51% win probability
- @ Cuse led 69-65 with 4:23 to go 69% win probability

With 7 games to go, and only one really good opponent (Duke) left, will be hard for WF to not win a few more, but I'm sure WF will find away to lose more than it should.

Back