Page 10 of 66 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060 ... LastLast

Thread: usic Thread 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by MHBDemon View Post
    Pitchfork gives new Fiona Apple a 10.
    havenít listened yet, but was surprised when I saw the 10

first one since MBDTF in 2010

second since 2002

Have the Fiona on after a glowing rec by a buddy. Looking forward to it.
    Runs with deer.

Great album tittle.
    Runs with deer.

Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    Stoked for whatever canned speech that empty headed sell out Beto comes up with. Rock and roll.
    Runs with deer.

Yo, hit me with any Earth Day/Environmental songs that might broadly be described as folk, or folky, or folk rock, or country folk, or related to the South, or whatever. Thinking like Prine's "Paradise," a bunch of Pete Seeger jamz, even Joni's "Big Yellow Taxi" would work. "Morning Dew" though it may have to be Fred Neil's version and not some 30 minute Dead shredder.

Word.
    Runs with deer.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Yo, hit me with any Earth Day/Environmental songs that might broadly be described as folk, or folky, or folk rock, or country folk, or related to the South, or whatever. Thinking like Prine's "Paradise," a bunch of Pete Seeger jamz, even Joni's "Big Yellow Taxi" would work. "Morning Dew" though it may have to be Fred Neil's version and not some 30 minute Dead shredder.

Word.
    dunno if any of these count but are good earth vibes tunes

It's sort of for work, so has to be within our realm, but Pete def works. Probs not the Beatles, though great song of course.

Shenandoah might be a good one. I think there might be a Tony Rice jam on that.
    Runs with deer.

Thanks.
    Runs with deer.

Gonna throw REM "Fall On Me" on there.
    Runs with deer.

lots of good versions of this tune though i really like joan's

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    It's sort of for work, so has to be within our realm, but Pete def works. Probs not the Beatles, though great song of course.

Shenandoah might be a good one. I think there might be a Tony Rice jam on that.
    lol "sort of for work"

chupe has to write his monthly bullshit folk music collection blog post for the library system

Boss had already put Fall On Me on the playlist. Ha.
    Runs with deer.

don't think this song counts but it's about rivers and has great, great vibes

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    lol "sort of for work"

chupe has to write his monthly bullshit folk music collection blog post for the library system
    Nah, we're doing a playlist. But I do have to write a bullshit blog post soon.
    Runs with deer.

Big River - Johnny Cash (or the Dead)