Page 12 of 66 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262 ... LastLast

Thread: usic Thread 2.0

Banhammer'd
    Very possibly the greatest female/male duo of all time that was tragically cut short. Tammi's death devastated Marvin for the rest of his life.

This guy shreds.

Runs with deer.

Man, we had a pretty dope playlist, I was thinking this was gonna be a sweet 3 hour ride, but my boss really took it down to 14 songs, less than an hour. Still good and very diverse, though. Kinda bummed my Swamp Dogg didn't make the cut, I thought it was a shoo-in.
    Last edited by El Chupacabra; 04-21-2020 at 09:36 PM.
    Runs with deer.

Banhammer'd
    Is your next shredder going to be an ace pan flutist?

Banhammer'd
    Anyone know who the guitarist in the red jacket for the Prince tribute was?

Lots of memories...

Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    Is your next shredder going to be an ace pan flutist?
    Maybe. If he/she shreds.
    Runs with deer.

He/she shreds seashells by the seashore.
    Runs with deer.

Live playlist, if interested. Turned out p good, I think, though I would have loved the unabridged version. Had some dank jams, but maybe not as much within our realm (which is pretty broad, but still), and was much whiter.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2q...QPytozCB6dCvWA
    Runs with deer.

huh, sylvan esso

i might have gone for mountain man haha

That one was my boss. Only a couple of my choices made the cut. Does Mountain Man have an enviro song? I think we wanted to try to get a little funky with it when we could. I dunno. Not a huge Sylvan Esso fan. They're fine, glad they're gettin' it while they can.
    Runs with deer.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    That one was my boss. Only a couple of my choices made the cut. Does Mountain Man have an enviro song? I think we wanted to try to get a little funky with it when we could. I dunno. Not a huge Sylvan Esso fan. They're fine, glad they're gettin' it while they can.
    they aren't funky, no

but magic ship has a section in the middle, blue mountain > moon > boat > whale song, that could have fit the bill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZdGFBbJTzM

i like

I think I had the Prine, the Blind Lemon Jefferson, and the Tony Rice. I put up the Bessie Smith version of Back Water Blues, and I forget who first chose the (obvious) Marvin Gaye, but my boss put the single version up there, not the LP version. I may have put the Woody Guthrie there, too, I forget.
    Last edited by El Chupacabra; 04-22-2020 at 10:05 AM.
    Runs with deer.

this was their "hit" before sylvan esso took off

they toured with feist as backup singers and then made a couple records together

I knew their origin story, but I haven't listened to much. This farmer lady I was sort of hanging out with a bit is friends with one of them, but I forget who. Not the SE lady, so one of the other two, I guess, ha.
    Runs with deer.

don't necessarily see the earth day connection for some of these tunes but the playlist does have pretty good vibes

Banhammer'd
    I'm pretty sure the first Earth Day celebration was in Fairmont Park in Philly. I think the headline band was Seatrain. We skipped school to go.

wasn't *only* in philly but i'm sure there was something cool in philly

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...irst-earth-day

Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    don't necessarily see the earth day connection for some of these tunes but the playlist does have pretty good vibes
    Some of it is just vibes, others are tunes about pollution and destroying nature and shit.
    Runs with deer.

Like, I don't know what Tony was thinking when he wrote "Backwaters," it could have been about picking up babes in off-the-beaten-path towns whilst touring before he found Jesus or something, but I dug the vibe and it made me reflect on Earth.
    Last edited by El Chupacabra; 04-22-2020 at 10:36 AM.
    Runs with deer.