• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread 2.0

Very possibly the greatest female/male duo of all time that was tragically cut short. Tammi's death devastated Marvin for the rest of his life.

Man, we had a pretty dope playlist, I was thinking this was gonna be a sweet 3 hour ride, but my boss really took it down to 14 songs, less than an hour. Still good and very diverse, though. Kinda bummed my Swamp Dogg didn't make the cut, I thought it was a shoo-in.

Last edited:
Anyone know who the guitarist in the red jacket for the Prince tribute was?

Lots of memories...

huh, sylvan esso

i might have gone for mountain man haha

That one was my boss. Only a couple of my choices made the cut. Does Mountain Man have an enviro song? I think we wanted to try to get a little funky with it when we could. I dunno. Not a huge Sylvan Esso fan. They're fine, glad they're gettin' it while they can.

That one was my boss. Only a couple of my choices made the cut. Does Mountain Man have an enviro song? I think we wanted to try to get a little funky with it when we could. I dunno. Not a huge Sylvan Esso fan. They're fine, glad they're gettin' it while they can.

they aren't funky, no

but magic ship has a section in the middle, blue mountain > moon > boat > whale song, that could have fit the bill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZdGFBbJTzM

i like

I think I had the Prine, the Blind Lemon Jefferson, and the Tony Rice. I put up the Bessie Smith version of Back Water Blues, and I forget who first chose the (obvious) Marvin Gaye, but my boss put the single version up there, not the LP version. I may have put the Woody Guthrie there, too, I forget.

Last edited:
this was their "hit" before sylvan esso took off

they toured with feist as backup singers and then made a couple records together

I knew their origin story, but I haven't listened to much. This farmer lady I was sort of hanging out with a bit is friends with one of them, but I forget who. Not the SE lady, so one of the other two, I guess, ha.

don't necessarily see the earth day connection for some of these tunes but the playlist does have pretty good vibes

I'm pretty sure the first Earth Day celebration was in Fairmont Park in Philly. I think the headline band was Seatrain. We skipped school to go.

don't necessarily see the earth day connection for some of these tunes but the playlist does have pretty good vibes

Some of it is just vibes, others are tunes about pollution and destroying nature and shit.

Like, I don't know what Tony was thinking when he wrote "Backwaters," it could have been about picking up babes in off-the-beaten-path towns whilst touring before he found Jesus or something, but I dug the vibe and it made me reflect on Earth.

Last edited:
Back