Page 13 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363 ... LastLast

Thread: usic Thread 2.0

have some high school friends all named after members of the dead: john (JEROME), phil, brent

i think their personalities are very different than their namesakes except brent

hope brent lives past 38 though

Brent is better on keys than Keith but I can't stand his vocals -- that sort of gravely scream takes you out of it. A lot of people like his voice, though.

Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    have some high school friends all named after members of the dead: john (JEROME), phil, brent

i think their personalities are very different than their namesakes except brent

hope brent lives past 38 though
    I'm leaning into full-on dad mode having just bought a shirt that says Grateful Dad.

Yeah, I get that. Brent's voice is def weird, but he fits nicely in that range and gives it decent texture.
    Runs with deer.

I don't really know the Brent lead songs, but I def don't think I'd hook into too much of that, I guess is what I'm trying to say. So I hear ya.
    Runs with deer.

I usually skip his lead songs, although I like Hey Pocky Way in general (better when Warren sang it as The Dead). just his harmonies stick out like a sore thumb on songs like I dunno, Sugaree and Jack Straw.

Banhammer'd

Anyone know if there's any rhyme or reason to how the archive.org streams run continuously or stop after each track? It kills my vibe so often.
    Runs with deer.

Brent on Jack Straw or Donna on Playing In The Band? A question for the ages. Maybe I'll make a poll.
    Runs with deer.

Bobby's slide on this Tennessee Jed is kind of killing me. I'd always heard Bobby slide criticism but don't think I'd ever really got it. I just got it.
    Runs with deer.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Brent on Jack Straw or Donna on Playing In The Band? A question for the ages. Maybe I'll make a poll.
    obligatory https://soundcloud.com/snootlyo/donn...in-in-the-band

Happy 43rd to the opening night of the Spring ‘77 Dead run. Couldn’t find 4/22 in full on YouTube (I didn’t look that hard I am lazy) so am jamming 4/23/77 and it sounds quite good.
    Runs with deer.

Rude not to link, my apologies dudes.

Runs with deer.

Sweet solo on Music Never Stopped, Jer.
    Runs with deer.

Donna — tasteful, even. Good Donna is good.
    Runs with deer.

Ha, they have NO clue how to start Help On The Way, hilarious. Bet Jer saves it with a dank jam.
    Runs with deer.

Complete archive of Bob Dylan's radio show.

http://www.themetimeradio.com/
    Runs with deer.

It's Charles Mingus' birthday today. Born in Nogales, which I always find a trip when I'm reminded of that. Arizona's own! Anyway, a lot of dope jazzy things of course you could tune in to, and he's best known as a bassist, obv, but lately I've been called to this set of improv jamz on piano. The whole record is pretty cool.

Runs with deer.

Six-hour jazz sampler mix. The good shit.

https://www.passionweiss.com/2020/04...-lockdown-mix/
    Runs with deer.