• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread 2.0

Oh man, Phil just killed Tom Thumb's Blues -- it sounded like John Cale, that was amazing. Fuck yes. That was very much my shit.

I'm behind a bit (started it over at the beginning after Los Lobos), but this Corrinna is a jam. This is seriously one of the best Dead shows to this point I've ever heard. Jerry's voice was incredible that first set and that was one of the breeziest Eyes -- I loved it. Skeptical about this Drums/Space coming up but yeah I heard it was legendary.

Granted, I am quite quite high right now so I may lock in.

Lol space is so long. Watchtower gets em back though.

Ha, Sting opened this show. I need to see if there's a tape of that.

Jesse Jarnow thread. Always interesting. Better than the YouTube comments.

Will need to rewatch this. P sure they leave em on YouTube. Was getting down to Widespread Panic from Athens in 99 last Sunday.

Watching John Prine on Austin City Limits from 2018.

The Other Dream Team:

I had no idea this existed until I went to listen Bonnie and Ruthie Foster do Angel From Montgomery.

Buckeye Lake link. Gonna go ahead and put it out there that it was a top 5 Dead listening experience for me.

Dang I wasn’t really connecting as much. Felt like the sound wasn’t top notch and there were some Phil really messy parts throughout. But there were some really high highs for sure. I was stone sober though.

I fully admit context could have been everything for me. May dive back in. I think part of it was that I wasn't expecting anything from a '93 show.

RIP Bohanon.

You dudes have also probably listened to a lot more Dead than I have.

I need to read that thread

Vince is not in my top three fav Dead keys players

The midi Space was so out there I was into it

The MASTER Tony Rice. So so nice. Still had it 8 years ago, maybe not prime, but very cool. Just remember, there are no Tony Rice mistakes, just new revolutionary licks he has grabbed from the cosmos. The lick king.

Back