Page 19 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast

Thread: usic Thread 2.0

Oh snap I used to have that dvd

Wore that shit out

They ride a massive joint in to ring in the new year

Bob says heís gonna miss Winterland even thought itís ďa real acoustical snakepitĒ

Awesome show

Was a little worried at the opener that Jer may have been super smacked out and drooly, but I think he just needed to warm up.
    Runs with deer.

Hmm, actually digging Bobby's weird slide solo at the end of Stagger Lee, huh.
    Runs with deer.

Been tipped off via Twitter that this might be a dank show.

Runs with deer.

One of my favorite radio shows starting off STRONG this morning. Not Tony Allen specifically related, but Nigerian, and hot.

The Lost Child out of Birminghman. Tune in.

https://bhammountainradio.com/about/...he-lost-child/
    Runs with deer.

My man Howard Burchette is on a roll this afternoon. WNCU until 7.

Runs with deer.

Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    Oh snap I used to have that dvd

Wore that shit out

They ride a massive joint in to ring in the new year

Bob says heís gonna miss Winterland even thought itís ďa real acoustical snakepitĒ

Awesome show
    The Sugar Mags through Big River is prob my most listened to stretch of Dead. The Blues Brothers were the opener along with New Riders of the Purple Sage) and you can find their set on YouTube too. Dan Akroyd is the one doing the countdown while Bill Graham rides the joint dressed as Father Time.

Hereís the Blues Bros set. Their band is fucking awesome and is the same from the movie other than Paul Schaffer is on keys here and I think itís a different drummer.

https://youtu.be/YTpiL_Leg-Q

I probably havenít watched the full dvd for 15 years

Amazing

Michael Hurley live set on facebook on something called Quarantine Happy Hour, I think? Sounds cool.
    Runs with deer.

have we already talked about what albums/cuts i need to listen to to get into the the Dead

how do you start a beginner off right
    semi-aquatic like otters be.

Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    Hereís the Blues Bros set. Their band is fucking awesome and is the same from the movie other than Paul Schaffer is on keys here and I think itís a different drummer.

https://youtu.be/YTpiL_Leg-Q
    holy fuck can you imagine

had to look up if that was really the last show for the venue. p cool.
    semi-aquatic like otters be.

Quote Originally Posted by TenaciousKory View Post
    have we already talked about what albums/cuts i need to listen to to get into the the Dead

Do the scene from Freaks and Geeks where Linda Cardellini puts on American Beauty

The Veneta, OR show was awesome. From the 70s. Iíve trailed off a bit but enjoy turning this one on every now and again,
    We're going to be good again.

Workingmans Dead and American Beauty for albums.

For live stuff Europe 72, Cornell 77 and Closing of Winterland did it for me. Try the Scarlet/Fire from Cornell for starters:

https://youtu.be/luAqu8VX5wo

Echo all these. The Europe '72 was what first got me kind of more interested when I had dismissed them in high school/most of college and was way more into Phish until my 30s.

I found myself watching The Grateful Dead Movie the other week thinking that it would be a good intro for people. I feel like they have some of their more famous songs there, they don't go too far out, but you get to see the chops and the fun.

The Scarlet>Fire from Cornell is amazing, for sure.

Try to find a nice, breezy Eyes of the World from when they changed the arrangement, so post '74 (I think anything between '77 and '79 is probably choice), though I love the Grateful Dead Movie version, too, where the changes are a little more abrupt.

I've had a few stops and starts with the Dead, though have been fully invested the last few years. I think also one of the records that got me a little more intrigued, maybe oddly for some, was Without A Net, for a more late-era, jazzy/jammy vibe.

Always loved Branford's sax on this Eyez.

Last edited by El Chupacabra; 05-03-2020 at 12:52 PM.
    Runs with deer.

Try to find the video version of Bird Song from Veneta, so you can see the naked man on the post!
    Runs with deer.