• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread 2.0

It was pretty crazy in the mid-90s, man. I definitely remember "Creep" being big-ish on the MTV and 14/15 year old me, or however old, being like "hmmm, there's something more here, this is cool," but then I guess I kind of forgot about them for a couple of years until I came upon a copy of the Bends that someone had left in the music room at my high school. That must have been fall of '95 or spring '96. Anyway, that is one of those records that very definitely changed my life the very first time I heard it from the very first song, right when it kicks off after that little intro to Planet Telex. Something fired off in my brain almost instantly.

Sorry to whoever left that cd, but you changed my life!

It was pretty crazy in the mid-90s, man. I definitely remember "Creep" being big-ish on the MTV and 14/15 year old me, or however old, being like "hmmm, there's something more here, this is cool," but then I guess I kind of forgot about them for a couple of years until I came upon a copy of the Bends that someone had left in the music room at my high school. That must have been fall of'95 or spring '96. Anyway, that is one of those records that very definitely changed my life the very first time I heard it from the very first song, right when it kicks off after that little intro to Planet Telex. Something fired off in my brain almost instantly.

lol didn't Thom sing that track (Telex) drunk on the floor or something

would like to know why 25% of the comments on the livestream are about bolsonaro

it was like this last week too

idk they stream by so fast i'm not really reading, they're in portuguese mostly

i've posted the boring drug story so many times but i was coming down during this show from some truly excellent boomers and god some of these lyrics are just so good

We had a funny work teams thread about angsty or deep AOL away messages the other week, and I dropped this lyric. It was probably like a red font on a black background.

that's a terrific topic

df2009 is the king of the emo away message

i guess all those south american radiohead tours paid off

i'm north american scum so i don't understand

We had a funny work teams thread about angsty or deep AOL away messages the other week, and I dropped this lyric. It was probably like a red font on a black background.

i had a AIM friend who always had a link to "THE TRUTH BEHIND COBAIN" on their profile

i remember overusing the live variables in mine "The time is [t] and the date is [d] and your username is but Cozmodude1 is not here right now"

You and What Army? to open the Encore I DIG IT

Here's that playlist. I basically stopped adding after it past 11 hours and he still stretched it to 20+ hours (this says 18 so maybe he cut some?). Shuffle around, there is definitely no linear order to it, although you can try to tap into a vibe I was feeling a little by starting at Ball of Confusion through May Street; Stevie's We Can Work It Out through the Allman's Dreams; and Run Through The Jungle through And It Stoned Me. Those are my extended runs it looks like.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/51WdTL3eLXAS81KXD4fSUU?si=GUVSngyZT3GL2dQvlO6G3A

Just in time for the weekend thanks chupe

Back