• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread 2.0

I've been revisiting BadBadNotGood lately and I love the instrumental version of the album they did with Ghostface Killah. This type of jazzy-hip hop / lo-fi is something I've been listening to a lot lately. Anyone got recommendations for other lofi / jazzy hip hop / ambient artists?

Juice has thrown a few of these up, I think, but Jeff Parker, Makaya McKraven might fit that. Maybe more jazzy, less hip hop?

Also, the special guy friend of a friend of mine, Kassa Overall, has been getting some pub lately. I haven't listened to a ton, but I think it might be along those lines.

RIP Astrid Kirschherr. Beatles may not have fully achieved Beatles-ness without her and Klaus Voormann. Pivotal early influence on those kids in Hamburg.

Kalus Voorman and Billy Preston, the forgotten "Beatles".

Oh yes this is it

Tonight’s Shakedown Stream is Giants Stadium 91. A helluva show and you know it’s gonna be good from the get-go with the Eyes opener. That was Bruce Hornsby’s recommendation since the set lists were getting stale. Also has some of the best sound recording they ever did.

Yes! Saw that at Meet up at the Movies last summer. I'll probably pass tonight (we'll see), but I thought it was a fun show. Lost Sailor/Saint of Circumstance, too, I think. Some sick accordion playing by Hornsby. I'd recommend, as well.

Ah, no, Saint then Ship of Fools, don't even remember if there's a >, but I think I remember that twofer being a highlight for me, as well as the Cassidy/Might As Well first set closer.

Last edited:
I lied, I'm in, at least for a little bit until I see if I can decide on a movie. This is a tasty Eyes.

There’s something weird about Vince’s wrists when he plays. Like he’s sitting too close or something. It looks like how a 2 year old looks playing a toy keyboard.

There was a > YES! I'm not losing it. Totally a Saint of Circumstance>Ship of Fools. YES.

The Phish Dinner and a Movie thing next week is going to be a show from the late 90s. Nice. Might have to tune into that one.

Couple of a little more straight soul cuts from Little Richard I heard on a remembrance today.

I've been revisiting BadBadNotGood lately and I love the instrumental version of the album they did with Ghostface Killah. This type of jazzy-hip hop / lo-fi is something I've been listening to a lot lately. Anyone got recommendations for other lofi / jazzy hip hop / ambient artists?

yeah, Makaya's In the Moment may hit the spot

obviously the OGs are great: Tribe, De La Soul, etc.

this dude L'Orange does a lot with old jazz and soul samples, including this mostly instrumental album made of Billie Holiday samples: https://lorangeproductions.com/album/old-soul

you might also dig Roy Hargrove's project called the RH Factor which seems to fit what you're looking for

Last edited:
Back