• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread 2.0

kinda related, but I revisited Joey Bada$$' 1999 last week and it's still great

My man Howard on fire this afternoon, as per.

Last edited:
Also played this tune, which reminded me of this video, one of my favorite Internets in existence.

yeah, Makaya's In the Moment may hit the spot

obviously the OGs are great: Tribe, De La Soul, etc.

this dude L'Orange does a lot with old jazz and soul samples, including this mostly instrumental album made of Billie Holiday samples: https://lorangeproductions.com/album/old-soul

you might also dig Roy Hargrove's project called the RH Factor which seems to fit what you're looking for

related to RH Factor (RIP Roy) - you gotta check out the Robert Glasper Experiment's Black Radio records

related to the OGs - if you're into Guru's flow, then I'd recommend the Jazzmatazz records

also Slum Village did rap/jazz samples as well as anybody (RIP Dilla)

i'm a big fan of the rappers on the Euro label Jakarta, particularly Dilla's younger brother Illa J

This gets my 100% FUN guarantee. Guaranteed fun for sure. 100% You can even watch it more times and the percentage will stay the same. It will always be fun. There is no fun depreciation.

the breakdown of "weird fishes" in the jonny video is great

jonny goes from 3/8 to 5/8 while ed goes from 5/8 to 3/8 and phil is in 4/4 the whole time and jonny changes chords at a different spot every time around for texture

such a cool tune

Hbd Pete.

EYZBUt_XYAQ_t6r

That was a great "Ghost" opener, although a little bit of a slow burner for a show starter. Page a little timid. Great second song. Think we're about to blast off. This is prime Phish.

Hmm, maybe not a totally imminent blastoff. Dirt is a comedown. Trey trying to sell it, bless him.

That was a great "Ghost" opener, although a little bit of a slow burner for a show starter. Page a little timid. Great second song. Think we're about to blast off. This is prime Phish.

Dude, that first set was a fucking burner. They led with 4 new songs - that’s pretty epic.

Dude, that first set was a fucking burner. They led with 4 new songs - that’s pretty epic.

Oh yeah, it was quite nice -- Dirt the only real bump for me, and a minor one at that, and I'm just being nitpicky about wanting them to start with something totally burning, like Chalkdust Torture or something epic. And that is a hell of a thing to do with the new tunes: first set of North American tour. I already know there's a Wading in my future, unfortunately, but Prime Phish is PRIME. I'm in.

No, I've never seen these guys, but keep meaning to check them out. Do they do a regular night?

Yeah I think it’s right before the Phish ones. Their shows are up on the Nugsnet YouTube channel and the band also regularly posts free soundboards on Archive. Highly recommend you check em out. Was supposed to see them last month, and it’s been rescheduled for October but we’ll see what happens. Absolutely one of my favorite bands going. Mostly Dead songs, super high energy, but lots of spacey stuff too. They also will segue pretty much anything.

What does a brother have to do to get a Meatstick?? I just want a little meatstick.

Back