• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread 2.0

welp, looks like I'm listening to Quadrophenia and Tommy today

This guy had the vision up there with ANYONE (or beyond), and somehow he's been pushed a little to the side. I really think his demos are among the finest achievements in pop history. Pushing the boundaries in songwriting and technology. Really big Pete Townshend fan. I love the Who, but I'd put on these and the Lifehouse/Who's Next demos over anything they've ever done.

Last edited:
Del Fest will be streaming this weekend for free on Nugs.tv. Looks like a pretty good lineup.

98318431_10158041222423964_8596576995146465280_o.jpg

Over the last few years I've really gotten into Leftover Salmon. I saw them once at a festival in my hometown back in like 2000 and didn't pay them much mind, but after seeing them at Merlefest in 2017 (with Sam Bush on fiddle the whole show) I listen to them all the time. They play a bit outdoor show every year at Pisgah Brewing and hope they do it again this year if we're allowed to go to shows.

I saw them in Columbus in the early oughts, and they were a lot of fun, but I haven't really followed them or listened to them since.

Sam Bush sat in on fiddle for half of the 2012 Merlefest Los Lobos set they showed a few weeks ago and it was amazing. Dude can do it all: Mando, fiddle, guitar. Sing. Prob other things. You get Bela, Sam, and Jerry Douglas together, it will probably be smoking. And DAWG!

This guy had the vision up there with ANYONE (or beyond), and somehow he's been pushed a little to the side. I really think his demos are among the finest achievements in pop history. Pushing the boundaries in songwriting and technology. Really big Pete Townsend fan. I love the Who, but I'd put on these and the Lifehouse/Who's Next demos over anything they've ever done.

Do you have the Scoop records? good shit

this was played on yesterday's Today in Grateful Dead History on the Sirius Grateful Dead channel. The jam at the end of Truckin' brings the fucking heat

I don't think I know this particular set. I'll check them out, thanks.

yep. Love hearing the writing process happening for Pete, tracking all instruments etc, hearing the ideas before he handed it to the mighty Entwistle/Moonie/Daltry juggernaut for them to morph it into to a goddamn freight train of rock bliss

It's pretty crazy how close to fully realized he had all this stuff. Sophisticated and well-crafted. All those dudes add their own take and power, but there's something so pure about his demos. Pure and easy, playing so free like a breath rippling byyyyyy...

what do you mean

HUH?

A lot of people may not know that Townshend sat in with the Dead. Many of the Dead's YouTubes have millions of views. This one has 50,000 or so. Thus, not all that many people know much about this show.

It's pretty crazy how close to fully realized he had all this stuff. Sophisticated and well-crafted. All those dudes add their own take and power, but there's something so pure about his demos. Pure and easy, playing so free like a breath rippling byyyyyy...

agreed

Back