• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread 2.0

Any of you guys ever mess with Eugene Chadbourne? We're getting his stuff, and boy is he prolific. It looks like some cool, wacky, interesting shit. Would love a starting out point rec if any of you are familiar.

These guys seem fun. Have jammed with my man Doc Chad (Eugene Chadbourne that I was asking about). Free jazz psychedelic drone mutant funk.

Last edited:

That record shows how much of a cookie cutter pop music was of that era. Take a listen to and a look at Johnny Mathis at that time. I bet you'll see a lot of common ground.

Back then, a record company would find or write a song and then look for the "right" person to sing it. This is why so many pre-Beatles singers and groups nearly immediately disappeared after the British Invasion.

That record shows how much of a cookie cutter pop music was of that era. Take a listen to and a look at Johnny Mathis at that time. I bet you'll see a lot of common ground.

Back then, a record company would find or write a song and then look for the "right" person to sing it. This is why so many pre-Beatles singers and groups nearly immediately disappeared after the British Invasion.

It reminded me of this, which I also like, but yeah, is very similar.

I am feeling the hell out of this song.

Nice song title. ^ Sly spelled it better, though.

Last edited:
Someone posted a video for Number of the Beast in the prior music thread, so I know there's another Maiden fan out there. For that person, check this guy out:

I'll just provide a link to the new one so as to not clutter up the thread too much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_2Ew0eKDlM

As for Eugene Chadbourne, I first heard of him from his collab with Camper Van Beethoven (Camper Van Chadbourne with their hit "Fayettenam").

Someone posted a video for Number of the Beast in the prior music thread, so I know there's another Maiden fan out there. For that person, check this guy out:

I'll just provide a link to the new one so as to not clutter up the thread too much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_2Ew0eKDlM

As for Eugene Chadbourne, I first heard of him from his collab with Camper Van Beethoven (Camper Van Chadbourne with their hit "Fayettenam").

Haha that’s great. Saw IM this last time around and Bruce was near perfect

Bobby Vee's country rock record (as Robert Thomas Velline). Some good stuff on here!

guitar on that second one reminds me of

Nice. Yeah I hear that. Think I can also hear some (Small) Faces, or at least some Ronnie Lane.

Last edited:
RIP Jon Christensen. Drummer on a lot of great ECM records, part of Keith Jarrett's Euro group. Good shit.

Any of you guys ever listen to Toxic Pig Fuck? Ha. Legendary name. We are proud to host many Toxic Pig Fuck items here in our collection.

Back