• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread 2.0

some tunes from the Ginger Baker tribute that Clapton put together

"with Roger Waters, Nile Rodgers, Steve Winwood, The Rolling Stones’ Ronnie Wood, Small Faces’ Kenney Jones, Squeeze/Roxy Music’s Paul Carrack, and Baker’s own son, Kofi Baker, (who took on his father’s iconic drum solo in “Toad.”)"

guess what suckers, i already posted country in this thread

Last edited:
shiiiiiiiiiiiiit man

i'm feeling too old to get on a plane and fly to chicago to see a festival

eleanor is my girl though

some fun local bands, including Dehd and the Hecks

Sunday lineup is p sweet

was pessimistically hoping for Frank Ocean since he's doing Coachella this year -- wonder if he does Lollapalooza

i've made an effort to see her every time she comes through town

We even went uptown to score sat on a bench on that designated corner
When we didn't have cellphones and waited for a man
And jumped on the subway back downtown
It always keeps spinning, it always keeps spinning
It sets your mind, sets your mind back in motion
It sets your mind, sets your mind

free kickoff party for Pitchfork tonight with the Cool Kids as headliners -- might try to get in

also, free place in Chicago to crash during Pitchfork weekend for all music threaders except for rj

Nice, the Monkees were legit. Some of Nesmith's solo stuff, in particular, is great.

Is Louise Goffin Carole and Gerry's kid?

Yep. She's tours with Carole off and on.

I called a couple of friends of mine to see if I may have forgotten something. None of them knew her. One cracked up telling me it was karma that I didn't remember anything about how this happened when I remember so many stories he wished I had forgotten.

I've seen Louise a couple of times, both with and without her mom. She's sadly not quite as good.

They duet on the Gilmore Girls rerecording of "Where you Lead" though!

“Another Pleasant Valley Sunday” is an amazing tune — check out King’s demo!

Here is another amazing Carole King song the Monkees did, which I might love even more. Dolenz sounds like Grace Slick or something. What a lead vocal.

Carole King and Gerry Goffin were among the last of the Tin Pan Alley/Brill Building writing superstars. As Motown slid out of favor, The Philly International crew that Kenny Gamble and Leon Huff ran may have been the last hit writing room in pop music.

learned recently that Teena Marie was on Cash Money Records label for a couple albums

this track goes

Back