• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread 2.0

happy birthday to sir paul!

also new khruangbin today

Watched some of the shakedown stream 2nd set last night. Not a great pick as that was a pretty loose show.

The last track on Punisher is one of the better closers. Such a good record overall and that last song is my favorite.

The last track on Punisher is one of the better closers. Such a good record overall and that last song is my favorite.

YES

this is what I said after listening to it the first time

R7HAiIX.png

Yep. I replayed “I Know the End” a couple of times immediately after the first listen.

Johnny Mandel, a jazz musician from the big band era passed away. He was 94. You may not recognize the name, but almost everybody is familiar with one of his compositions.

He transitioned into writing theme songs for movies as jazz became less fashionable. His best known work is "Suicide is Painless" more commonly known as the theme for M.A.S.H., both the movie and the TV show.

He won an Oscar for "The Shadow of Your Smile" theme song for "The Sandpiper," a 1965 movie starring Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton. He was also the arranger for the music in many other movies and albums. Probably the best known album he arranged is the Natalie Cole album "Unforgettable...With Love" which included the posthumous duet of Natalie and Nat King Cole singing the title song.

Another great musician gone. And with him, one more link to the great age of Jazz is gone as well.

New official video for an old classic:

So far this has been my go to album this summer; can't get enough of it. Great laid back jams, vibrant guitar work and just a hint of psychedelia to keep it interesting to me. Rose City Band started as a recording project, but seems to be gaining some traction. Band is led by Ripley Johnson of Wooden Shjips.

Lou Barlow has been offering online in home concerts through Instagram basically once a week since April. Sometime they are at weird times because he is trying to do them for his Australian or European fans and sometimes his little kid interrupts and ruins a song but Generally they’ve been really great. Last week he did Bubble and Scrape and Smash you head on the punk rock in their entirety (minus the Eric Gafney songs).

https://instagram.com/loubarlow?igshid=73oay3tzv4qk

Back