• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread 2.0

the lyrics for the second half of This Is the End are just so fucking good

i love

Driving out into the sun
Let the ultraviolet cover me up
Went looking for a creation myth
Ended up with a pair of cracked lips

but

No, I'm not afraid to disappear
The billboard said the end is near
I turned around, there was nothing there
Yeah, I guess the end is here

is also great

oh man, I was vibing to Julia Jacklin yesterday. Crushing is a v good album

have spent a lot of time in this headspace in 2020

Ten thousand afternoons ago
All my happiness just overflowed
That was life at first and goal to go
Me and you, and us and them
And all those people way back when
All our hardships were just yardsticks then, you know

attention fellow krug-heads

mr krug posted a solo piano version of "stadiums and shrines" on patreon this morning and it is lovely

that is all

random music thoughts: I started flipping through some boxes of books and pictures and CDs in my basement and saw a bunch of my old Dave Matthews Band stuff and went down a DMB rabbit hole. I pretty much stopped listening to them completely around '97 or so, but at an early show I was floored by Carter Beauford at Ziggy's one night and got really into them, and once shared an early pre-mega fame festival bill with them in a shit band i was in that got lucky. Remember Two Things and 'Crowded Streets were good records and I discovered the Central Park one now. I feel like I kind of burned out on their sound after just a few years and never really played them any more, but going back after nearly 20 years for a deep listen I really like:

Granny
Dreaming Tree
Pig
One Sweet World
Song that Jane Likes
Minarets
Seek Up
Recently

I remember Moore dying way back when, but I didn't know Boyd Tinsley was fired recently for some sexual assault allegations.

random music thoughts: I started flipping through some boxes of books and pictures and CDs in my basement and saw a bunch of my old Dave Matthews Band stuff and went down a DMB rabbit hole. I pretty much stopped listening to them completely around '97 or so, but at an early show I was floored by Carter Beauford at Ziggy's one night and got really into them, and once shared an early pre-mega fame festival bill with them in a shit band i was in that got lucky. Remember Two Things and 'Crowded Streets were good records and I discovered the Central Park one now. I feel like I kind of burned out on their sound after just a few years and never really played them any more, but going back after nearly 20 years for a deep listen I really like:

Granny
Dreaming Tree
Pig
One Sweet World
Song that Jane Likes
Minarets
Seek Up
Recently

I remember Moore dying way back when, but I didn't know Boyd Tinsley was fired recently for some sexual assault allegations.

Yeah this DMB deep dive happened to me too recently. Those guys were really talented musicians (Beauford could fucking drum) and Dave wrote some great songs, Jimi Thing, Rhyme and Reason, but they also released some crap singles, Stay, Crash, So much to say. The thing that turned me off most in the late 90's was the fans. I went up to Roanoke VA for a show with Bruce Horsnby opening, I think in 98, and there were so many shitty people there.

Yeah this DMB deep dive happened to me too recently. Those guys were really talented musicians (Beauford could fucking drum) and Dave wrote some great songs, Jimi Thing, Rhyme and Reason, but they also released some crap singles, Stay, Crash, So much to say. The thing that turned me off most in the late 90's was the fans. I went up to Roanoke VA for a show with Bruce Horsnby opening, I think in 98, and there were so many shitty people there.

yeah I think the last time I saw them was Charlotte colisseum and walked out about halfway through, not just the fans but the overall sound just kinda became boring. yep great musicians, unique instrumentation and arrangements on a lot of the tunes. The lyrics were mostly banal but occasionally intriguing. Tim Reynolds was a beast too and I caught his band TR3 one time in Richmond and they blilstered. I might go see what he's been up to recently.

Im out of that rabbit hole and am comfortably in a Small Faces bender today. Steve Marriott a bona fide rock god

I think their band at least musically is better than it once was. scrapping Boyd Tinsely for a keyboardist is an upgrade. Tim Reynolds is a permanent member and Jeff Coffin is a much better sax player than LeRoi Moore (RIP). Was big into them when at Wake, hence my old boards name being DMBdeac but they were a gateway for me into other jam bands like Panic, Phish, Allman Brothers and the Dead. I barely listen to DMB anymore but once every 6 months or so I might fire up a few YouTube videos.

Back