• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread 2.0

Anything from the Klipsch Reference Premier line should be money. I got some Klipsch floor standing speakers this year and they kick ass.

As for new release vinyl, I typically buy from the artist when I can or through my local/indie record store. I also order from Sound of Vinyl, Amoeba, Turn Table Lab, and sellers on discogs. I was a member of Vinyl Me, Please for a few years and got a lot of new vinyl through them as well.

Like townie, I typically avoid Amazon when I can. That said, r/vinyldeals is a good place to find stuff that amazon is marking down.

I'm pleased with the Klipsch bookshelf speakers I got at the beginning of the pandemic for my office stereo. My 30 year old Marantz cassette deck sounds great through them.

Good Records is a good indie record store: https://goodrecordstogo.myshopify.com/

Heard this on the way into work this morning and really dug it.

some DJ Premeir/OG Kanye-sytle soul sample production on this one

Last edited:
back to Allman Brothers as the top act in 1970 -- here's a nearly hour-long Mountain Jam

Came here to post this. I really dug it and look forward to the release. Also, check out the French Returned series if you can. Mogwai did the sound track for it which only made a good show better, IMHO.

You go on ahead for awhile
I would like to follow you awhile

The Capitol Theater show released with the “American Beauty” reissue is awesome!

The Capitol Theater show released with the “American Beauty” reissue is awesome!

missed this last week (Dead Ahead, 1980 halloween run at MSG). killer shit. acoustic bird song fucking rips at the start:

"Uncle John's Band"
Introduction (Franken & Davis) 2:02
"Bird Song" 4:47
"On The Road Again" 14:34
"To Lay Me Down" 18:04
"Ripple" 26:43
Henry Kissinger Interview (Franken & Davis) 31:20
"Me and My Uncle" 33:36
"Mexicali Blues" 36:35
"Ramble On Rose" 41:03
"Little Red Rooster" 48:30
A Visit Backstage (Franken & Davis) 57:18
"Don't Ease Me In" 58:10
"Lost Sailor" 1:01:50
"Saint of Circumstance" 1:08:00
"Franklin's Tower" 1:14:12
"Drums" 1:20:41
"Space" 1:28:55
"Fire on the Mountain" 1:32:39
"Not Fade Away" 1:39:45
"Good Lovin'" 1:44:44
"Heaven Help the Fool" 1:54:40
"Shakedown Street" 2:02:45
"Samson and Delilah" 2:15:52
"He's Gone" 2:23:32
"Truckin'" 2:37:44

Amanda Shires & Jason Isbell returned their CMA memberships after the show failed to even mention all the legends that have passed away this year. Sturgill had some choice words about it, too.

That Phoebe Bridgers/Maggie Rogers cover of Iris is pretty damn good.

Also, on a related note, the Goo Goo Dolls are a severely under appreciated band.

Back