• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread 2.0

Going to Destroyer/Nap Eyes w/ Ryley Walker tonight and just hoping to escape for a while and not get sick. I've missed Bejar the past few times he's swung by, so I'm going to risk it.

Nap Eyes was great. Ryley Walker shreds. Near panic attack averted. Please stop talking during shows. Please.

Or in a few more minutes. Destroyer. May be too many people here. Dude behind me has coughed twice into his hand, I think I felt the last one. Wtf.

RIP chupe, or maybe not i bet bejar will cure you

Ha. I def took a shower as soon as I got home.

That was a weird show. They hit some absolute peaks at time, but it was kind of sloppy. Say Hey Deac's favorite keyboard player, past (current? future?) member of his favorite all time band Young and Sexy, messed up the entrance to the opening song, which gave the show a little stutter. He then chunked the entrance to another tune, THEN walked off at one point after an exchange between him and Bejar. It didn't seem angry, but also it wasn't a joke? Hard to tell. Bejar was like, "he'll be back." The horn player followed him shortly thereafter, and Bejar was all, "did I lose another one?" They both came back, and everything seemed more or less cool, but it was kind of hard to tell. Strange things afoot. Who knows.

There was a couple in front of me who basically knew the words to every song, but also were having like a full out argument during and inbetween tunes, I think because he was accusing her of being in the reflection of some dude's sunglasses in an Instagram pic? It was weird. They were the most into it, but also the least into it. There was the cougher. There were also other full volume conversations going on. At one point a woman came up to me and just started chatting, sort of flirting, introducing herself, but then they'd start playing, and she put in her ear plugs, and I just didn't feel like engaging. I was there for the show and to ESCAPE, man. I managed to a bit overall.

Anyway, Nap Eyes was good, Bejar still a god, but kind of an odd vibe. Decent crowd, but going against the bball and a local band with some local celebrity favorites (Cold Cream) playing next door, it could have been better. Maybe it was good it wasn't more packed.

Last edited:
There was an Allman Brothers celebration show the other night at MSG featuring members of the ABB final lineup. The show featured:Warren Haynes, Derek Trucks, Oteil Burbridge, Reese Wynans, Jaimoe and Duane Trucks with Chuck Leavell playing keys on 8 songs. They did 24(!!) songs - I didn't get to stream the show, but some clips are starting to surface and they sound good. Watching this the first few thoughts I have (in no order):

-The Allman Brothers in 70/71 would have been a fucking great show.
-Warren's best work is playing AB songs
-Oteil is so awesome; dude can hold it down so effortlessly.
-Hopefully this is the year I finally get to see Derek Trucks live (Tedeschi Trucks has 2 nights at Red Rocks, so catching at least one is the goal).

Videos from the show at the link below:
https://ultimateclassicrock.com/allman-brothers-reunion-show-2020/

Three months in and I haven't listened to any 2020 release as much as Mac Miller's Circles yet. Makes me sad thinking about how his trajectory was just getting better and better and better. But the music is a great way to remember and party.

Jay Electronica finally, actually drops and album and it’s in the middle of the apocalypse

There was an Allman Brothers celebration show the other night at MSG featuring members of the ABB final lineup. The show featured:Warren Haynes, Derek Trucks, Oteil Burbridge, Reese Wynans, Jaimoe and Duane Trucks with Chuck Leavell playing keys on 8 songs. They did 24(!!) songs - I didn't get to stream the show, but some clips are starting to surface and they sound good. Watching this the first few thoughts I have (in no order):

-The Allman Brothers in 70/71 would have been a fucking great show.
-Warren's best work is playing AB songs
-Oteil is so awesome; dude can hold it down so effortlessly.
-Hopefully this is the year I finally get to see Derek Trucks live (Tedeschi Trucks has 2 nights at Red Rocks, so catching at least one is the goal).

Videos from the show at the link below:
https://ultimateclassicrock.com/allman-brothers-reunion-show-2020/

yeah it was fantastic. the ABB is my favorite band of all time and I saw the Warren/Derek line-up a lot. Derek has been pretty clear about wanting to step away from ABB so I'm guessing this is a one-off but would love if they toured.

yeah it was fantastic. the ABB is my favorite band of all time and I saw the Warren/Derek line-up a lot. Derek has been pretty clear about wanting to step away from ABB so I'm guessing this is a one-off but would love if they toured.

I know two guys that went and ended up basically on the rail with friends and family - they said it was great. Good crowd and the band sounded good. Totally agree with your take on Derek - he's doing his thing with his wife so I don't see this taking off.

Back