• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread 2.0

For the past few months legendary bassist Freebo has been doing live shows with folk singer/writer Alice Howe on Facebook, Wednesday evenings. They often have other artists with them.

Listened to a fair amount of Perfume Genius over the holidays and, while I like Describe a lot - saw it was on the list your posted Townie and a lot of other best of 2020 lists -- I can't get enough of On the Floor. It's a perfect pop song.

Anybody else watch the Bowie tribute concert last night? It was delayed by a day and production wasn't flawless, but it was as good as could be expected, given the current logistical issues. That said, it was overall a fantastic setlist. Perry Farrell's Man Who Sold the World was surprisingly great, as was YungBlud's Life on Mars? The Dave Navarro/Taylor Hawkins project Ground Control did a good job with a couple Ziggy songs. Trent Reznor was unsurprisingly fantastic, and Michael C Hall also nailed it. Moment of the night was probably Gary Oldman singing I Can't Read. Not a big fan of the slower version they went with (Bowie had also done this slower take live), but it was a moving performance.

Anybody else watch the Bowie tribute concert last night? It was delayed by a day and production wasn't flawless, but it was as good as could be expected, given the current logistical issues. That said, it was overall a fantastic setlist. Perry Farrell's Man Who Sold the World was surprisingly great, as was YungBlud's Life on Mars? The Dave Navarro/Taylor Hawkins project Ground Control did a good job with a couple Ziggy songs. Trent Reznor was unsurprisingly fantastic, and Michael C Hall also nailed it. Moment of the night was probably Gary Oldman singing I Can't Read. Not a big fan of the slower version they went with (Bowie had also done this slower take live), but it was a moving performance.

I remember seeing Bowie at the 3000 (or so) seat Tower Theater. He commanded the stage and crowd. Shortly thereafter, I saw him at Sigma Sound while he was recording Young Americans there. He may have been the skinniest person I've ever scene in person. What was funny was a couple of times we stopped by Sigma it was hard to get into the lobby with all the musicians, writers, etc., who came to get a glimpse of him. I was told some of the excuses for being at the studio were hilarious like "I left my homework" style.

anthems for a seventeen year old girl is the best song on YFIIP right

do y'all think john maus is actually a trump supporter

How did I just now get into this album? Wtf was I doing the last 6 months?

ETA skip to 1:45 for the actual song.

Last edited:
Back