• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread 2.0

Trying to convince my wife we need to go to p4k

We have friends in Chicago we could crash with too but the goddang baby always makes things complicated

not sure the hotel vs. airbnb scene locally

but yes, green line and pink go to Union Park -- I'd probably scope Pilsen along the pink line before the green line neighborhoods -- some of the western ones are a little less safe

if you're near any train line, connecting in the Loop is pretty easy, so I wouldn't hold yourself only to the pink and green lines

the local bike share -- Divvy -- is nice; I always find bike parking at festivals to be a bit precarious, but YMMV

i'm going with my sister, who will be starting as a freshman at DePaul in the fall -- holla if you make it out

wish I had space to offer for you to crash, but not the case with my current setup

dope, just reserved an airbnb in Pilsen - free cancellation if necessary

thanks for the advice

from Pilsen, you're probably just as good to take the 9 bus up Ashland as the pink line

or even walk if you're feeling frisky

it's a tokyo bouncy ball it's an oslo bouncy ball it's a rio de janiero bouncy ball

then i'll quote a tampax ad
1DW6B

pretty groovy and dude can rap. Serious question not trying to be a dick and I haven't looked it up or read reviews, was I right to take the lyric as a satirical look at overwrought consumerism and brand-consciousness madness among young people today?

not totally sure!

he's a bit of a prankster, this track here is pretty funny poking fun at Chicago

I am able to admit that I really like early 80’s Genesis. The ABACAB and Genesis albums were really good. Not overly comercial but really good music, interesting rhythms, kinda cheesy lyrics I guess.

https://youtu.be/4DpiC6ddVeI

Damn. Phil Lesh sat in with his son’s band Midnight North at the Grey Eagle last night. Played New Speedway.

I am really liking Lou Barlow's (of Sebadoh, Dinosaur Jr, and Folk Implosion) new solo album:

Ain't No Way: One of our most misunderstood love songs?

BBC piece out today

Ain't No Way stands out effortlessly in Carolyn's impressive portfolio as a songwriter. It was recorded by Aretha Franklin as part of her 12th studio album Lady Soul (which is on the list of 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die). Ain't No Way spent eight weeks on the Billboard Hot 100, peaking at number 16. It's a quintessential love song, filled with yearning, passion, and the desire to love someone or be loved recklessly, without abandon. Described as "quite possibly soul music's finest ballad", it shines through with the rich and soulful lead vocals of Aretha Franklin. Carolyn Franklin and the Sweet Inspirations supplied the background vocals, with Cissy Houston (Whitney Houston's mother) belting the operatic notes during the bridges.

Here’s a link to the “1001 albums you must hear before you die” site referenced.

Kind of fun to explore or reminisce.

Just bought tix for my first full band TAB show (saw them once at Xmas Jam minus the horns). It's gonna be a helluva weekend with 2 nights of JRAD followed by TAB.

Spent way too much money on Phoebe Bridgers tickets today on stubhub after missing the sale today even though I had a "special" access code.

Got Ween, Waxahatchee and Flaming Lips coming up as well. Looking forward to concerts coming back.

My fall concert slate is pretty packed. Got the aforementioned JRAD (x2) and TAB, plus 3 nights of Widespread Panic, Drive-By Truckers and 2 nights of Billy Strings. Hoping the rumors of My Morning Jacket and return return of Xmas Jam are true.

Back