• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread 2.0

Spent way too much money on Phoebe Bridgers tickets today on stubhub after missing the sale today even though I had a "special" access code.

Got Ween, Waxahatchee and Flaming Lips coming up as well. Looking forward to concerts coming back.
What a lineup. I declined to buy tickets to PB this morning, then had a change of heart, then decided it was too expensive. Will have a look at the secondary market in a month or so

I scrolled through the list 2 times and by my count they were 100/100 for white acts. I took a chance that a jazz fusion artist would have an integrated band and so I checked out the Lee Ritenour video and he did have a black drummer.

There's more Iron Maiden than I would have expected. I don't remember them being in heavy rotation for MTV but I only got to see the channel when I visited family in more cultured areas, it wasn't on my hometown's cable.

While I'm composing in the music thread - I dig the Foo Fighters dipping into the Bee Gees.

Last edited:
Working through new releases from Prince, Yola, and Durand Jones & the Indications today.

I forgot that they had a new album on the way so I am only just listening to it today, but this new Modest Mouse album is really good so far.

The moon is high up on a mountain
The lunatics have taken over the asylum
Waiting on the rapture
Singing, "We're here to keep your prices down
We'll feed you to the hounds
To the daily mail, to get up, together"
You made a pig's ear, you made a mistake
Paid off security and got through the gate
You got away with it but we lie in wait, eh
Eh, eh
Where's the truth what's the use
I'm hanging around lost and found
And when you're here innocent
Fat chance, no plan
No regard for human life
You'll keep time, you've no right
You're fast to lose, you will lose
You jumped the queue, you're back again
President for life, love of all
The flies in the sky, the beasts of the earth
The fish in the sea have lost command

I seen a few local bands in outdoor settings since the pandemic but went to my first large venue show in almost 2 years last night for Jason Isbell. Did not disappoint. So good to see some big live music!! Sadler Vaden is a beast as is the whole band

I don't know about song, but I suspect that when the world ends I will have listened to Sky Blue Sky more than any of their other albums. Probably because of Nels, though.

Their tour supporting that was sick. One of the best rock shows I've ever seen (Nels, again).

Edit - oh damn, I guess it was in '06 before they released Sky Blue Sky. Nels was there though, and awesome.

Back