• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread 2.0

Courtney Barnett and Lucius on Instagram live now doing a set

Really damn good. Doing a Gillian Welch song rn.

Here are two great covers of While My Guitar Gently Weeps. Which do you guys like better?

Damn help me here remember a band posted in the other thread:

Twas a band with a midwesternish name
Guitar heavy

Man, I think it was Townie and a few years ago. I feel like it had a pastorlesque cover. Came about I feel like during some talk about Western Skies Motel.

Feeling this today. If you like folky, Celtic guitar picking. His record Handful of Earth is great, too.

From Handful of Earth:

It was Jorge Ben's birthday yesterday, and Bach's on Saturday. Two of the homies who have given me the most joy and calm on earth.

The "Que Maravilha" in this is perfect, but it's all great.

My favorite Bach. Favorite to play, favorite on which to meditate. I don't believe in Jesus, I just believe in Bach.

If you ever had a class with Ian Taplin at Wake, you are one connection away from Genesis, and I think that's pretty cool.

Last edited:
I'm currently attempting to get my 18 year old nephew into old prog, as he likes Rush and some proggy metal-stuff like a guy Devin Townsend I don't really know. So I sent him the above old Genesis live thing, and he's like, Oh I like the drummer. And I go, that's Phil Collins! He was a totally legit drummer before fronting the band after Peter Gabriel left, then doing the solo thing and eventually Lion King.

And my nephew goes, Oh, I've heard the name, but I don't know him.

Jesus. My brother, 8 years older than I am, who taught me all of this stuff when I was but a young wee lad, has failed his child.

Facepalm

I was in a movie with Wil Wheaton, who appears during the end credits of She's Having A Baby, which is my closest connection to Bacon.

Well that puts you one degree of separation from The Borg....

Tame Impala - The Slow Rush is a damn good album. Production is incredible.

Also this song is like crack

Orville Peck did a live stream show tonight. Was fun & had some guests. Also, I might’ve missed it if it was a single or full length album, but new music from him on 4/1.

Back