• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread 2.0

Was reminded of this other Lennon "Imagine" diss track today taking a quiz. I forget if we were talking about that here or the chat, but whatever.

What’s your favorite Brooks and Dunn song?

I’ve been on a 90s country kick lately. It’s probably just nostalgia, but I feel like a lot of it is still solid.

John Prine is in critical condition because of the virus.

Last edited:
Grandaddy is going to be on Instagram Live at 2 on La Blogotheque

Was reminded of this other Lennon "Imagine" diss track today taking a quiz. I forget if we were talking about that here or the chat, but whatever.

wow Ive been listening to this song for 35 years and never made the Imagine connection. :dumb:

Last edited:
When you brought up Imagine, I thought of Julian and his incredible guitarist and writing partner Carlton (sometimes Carlos) Morales. Carlos was often known as The Panamanian Hendrix. He played on most of Valotte, co-wrote the title song and at least one other song on the album.

I got to know him when he stayed at our house as toured with Buddy Miles. Carlos could really shred. He also toured with Fleetwood Mac co-founder Peter Green.

Buddy was playing at a bar in Malibu when Eddie Van Halen, Ginger Baker and Jackson Browne came in and sat it. Carlos and Eddie had some amazing riffs.

Sadly, Carlos passed last year while living in G-Boro. I don't think played locally very often. If he did, you'd never know about his past unless you brought it up. It's a shame you never got to see him play.

RIP

John Prine is in critical condition because of the virus.

He's stable now...

When he was young, Prine was a good looking guy. I know he's been rode hard put away wet a few thousand times, but man has he gotten ugly. He doesn't look at all like he used to.

Last edited:
I forgot that...my bad...

I remember seeing him at The Main Point and how upset he was that there was no booze there. But he was fun.

Been a year since Nipsey Hussle was shot & killed. RIP.

Digging the new albums from Phish and Pearl Jam - haven't been able to get to much else recently. Unfortunately, the stay at home orders have me listening to less music due to juggling work/kids.

I haven't thrown on the Phish -- don't really listen to them anymore, though I LOVED reliving my first show (Greensboro 3/1/2003) yesterday. Is it pretty raw, rockin, or what? Might give it a shot.

Back